Assistant Accountant - Uckfield | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Uckfield, East Sussex, England
25000.0000 - 30000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
We are working with this established, fast growing manufacturing company in their search for an ambitious Assistant Accountant in Uckfield.
With strong development opportunities on offer, this role would suit a dynamic Assistant Accountant looking to progress their career.
Reporting into the Finance Manager, with a dotted reporting line to an excperienced Financial Controller, you'll have exposure to a range of responsiblities as you continue with your studies towards ACCA/CIMA/AAT (study support on offer).
- Complete and review monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with quarterly VAT reporting, ensuring compliance with all local HMRC legislation.
- Assist with the production of monthly management accounts, including the processing of G/L journals, prepayments, accruals and fixed asset reporting.
- Support the reconciliation and reporting of Inventory for the business.
- Assist with the annual audit and tax reporting - liaising with external consultants and providing appropriate supporting backup.
- Ensure all employee expenses are properly analysed and paid to staff including the processing of credit card transactions.
- Play an active role in sales/purchase ledger where appropriate.
- Ensure a robust internal control environment, highlighting any control weaknesses and implementing processes that both improve efficiency and increase transparency.
- Ad hoc tasks as requested by the FM/FC.
- Prior experience working within an internal finance team.
- Actively studying towards ACCA/CIMA/AAT.
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and numerate.
- Ambitious and looking to progress within a growing business.
- A flexible approach to working with strong communication skills.
- Able to work independently and across the wider team, with a willingness to get stuck in.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics (Desirable but not essential).
For more information, please apply via the website or contact Alex Baxter Smith at Harvey John.
Harvey John recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.