Brent, Greater London, England
£9,511.88 per annum based on term-time working
BRENT, INNER LONDON
5 DAYS PER WEEK - 4 HOURS PER DAY, TERM TIME (40 WEEKS PER YEAR)
Salary circa £9,500 per annum based on term-time working
About Unlocking Potential
UnlockingPotential is a charity that works within communities to transform the lifechances of children and young people who have social, emotional and mentalhealth needs. We are developing programmes which have a sustainable impact onthe community, and which will develop to support other communities in thefuture.
The Corner School
Oneof our programmes is The Corner School, which is an independent school forchildren with Social Emotional and Mental Health needs. Our provision is uniquewith both teachers and therapists working alongside one another. Our aim is toprovide a high-quality education in a nurturing environment and equip thechildren with the life skills they need. Our curriculum is designed around theindividual needs of each of our learners and children work on educational andsocial skill targets. We are heavily resourced with expertise and resourcesthat both staff and learners use. Webelieve in a strong working partnership with parents and families, who are aneveryday part of what we do here at The Corner School.
Therole involves supporting the class teacher with a small group of children aged5-11 years in delivering nutritious and healthy food.
- Plan, prepare and cook exciting meals, that are nutritious, varied and tasty, taking into account the children's dietary and cultural requirements.
- Take full responsibility for compliance with all relevant food hygiene and Health & Safety requirements.
- Ensure that all stock is order and replenished as needed, that food is correctly stored in line with guidelines and that stock is rotated and all equipment is kept clean and in good repair.
- Keep waste to a minimum, ensuring our impact on the environment is as minimal as possible.
- Always follow the latest statutory requirements in relation to food and food hygiene
- Undertake all necessary and required training as needed.
- Be passionate about working with children
We are looking for anoutstanding primary practitioner, who understand and can deliver high standardsof support for our learners and caninspire and motivate children to achieve their best.
- Food Hygiene Level 2 Certificate/Food Safety in Catering Level 2
- Experience of meal planning and stock control.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
This role will be subject to an Enhanced DBS with childbarring.
If you want to be part of this exciting programme, where youcan make a real difference, please click to applyattaching your CV and a supporting statement confirming why you are suitablefor this role. Pleaseclick here to download the job will respond to your application within 2 weeks ofreceipt.
Posted 19 days ago