Community Care Worker - Chelmsford | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Community Care Worker
Chelmsford, Essex, England
£9.00 - £12.50 PerHour
Permanent (Full time)
PALM2PALM HOME CARE AND REABLEMENT SERVICES Responsibilities: · Provide physical, emotional and social care according to an assessed plan of care.
Before applying for this role, please read the following information about this opportunity found below.
· Enhance the quality of life of adults receiving care from Palm2Palm care and reablement services · To ensure that any changes in care affecting the clients is reported back to the line manager in order to re-assess for a new /adapted care plan.
Job specification: A carer and re-abler is someone who cares for a person, who due to illness, disability, or infirmity cannot cope without support, whilst helping that person to maintain as much independence as possible.
All care will be documented on a care plan, for the carer to follow.
Duties and responsibilities: · Providing emotional support that encourages independence and maximises abilities, by promoting good mental health and physical wellbeing.
· Carers at all times will ensure that the client’s dignity, privacy, individuality and freedom of choice are respected.
· Carers will maintain confidentiality at all times · Carers will follow the rules of data protection.
· If the carer is concerned about any aspect of the client’s condition, or care provided, they must contact their line manager immediately · The carer will document all relevant care given and information on the care sheets at each site visit, whether this is electronic or hand written.
This information will be checked by a supervisor to ensure it is accurate and reflects the care plan.
· Assisting a person to undertake as many of their own personal care tasks as possible.
· Encouraging a person to be confident in their own abilities.
· Recognizing when a person needs someone to undertake the task for them · Providing assistance with washing, dressing, feeding, toileting · Assisting with medication that helps the client understand how to self-manage · Assistance with mobility that encourages independence · Maintaining hygiene around the home to improve the health and safety of the client, particularly in the kitchen and bathroom.
· Monitoring the food and drink intake daily and ensuring this is documented in the daily care sheets · Maintaining a professional working relationship with any other involved professionals.
GOOD RATES OF PAY.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Permanent Salary: £9
- £ per hour plus traveling time and petrol paid.
Paid annual leave.