Quality & ISO Manager - East Midlands - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Quality & ISO Manager (Timber Industry)
East Midlands - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
We are currently looking for an experienced Quality & ISO Manager with Timber Industry experience (Essential)
Context of The Role:
Within the timber merchanting and supply business there is a level of variability that is inherent with an organic product. As such, Quality Control can be subjective which can result in dissatisfaction with the customer, excessive wasted products, and an apparent lack of control in the production and supply chain for timber products.
This role will ensure customer orders and production outputs meet quality requirements, have suitable controls in processing and drive improvements in the ‘Right First Time’ of processing and customer supply.
There are multiple requirements, obligations, and commitments the client aims to uphold including Chain of Custody (CoC) and multiple ISO accreditations (9001, 14001, 45001, 50001).
This role will have overarching responsibility to ensure all documentation is in place, accurate and up to date, including version controls and system access and authorisations.
This role is the controller and go-between for the business units, where actions need taking and controls put in place, as defined by our auditing partners. This will include the policing and escalating where product or processes are failing resulting in a shortfall in their commitments, as stated above.
• Supporting sustained compliance with Chain of Custody between suppliers into the business and delivery out to customers.
• Ensuring procedures (where required) are in place and updated in line with ISO guidelines and as advised by the auditing body.
• Ensuring process and product quality standards are defined, in place and upheld for all product ranges.
• Carrying out standard checks on products and processes, including stock, to ensure customer products are supplied ‘To Standard’.
• Coaching, training, and supporting staff across the business to achieve ‘Right First Time’ products and processes.
• Support in the loading and inspecting of outbound goods and in the receipt of all inbound goods.
• Supplier inspections and auditing.
• Support of Training and Development of staff across the business.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
* ISO Internal Auditor
* Qualified or experienced in Quality Control Experience of Timber and Timber products
* Experience in training small teams
* Strong communicator at all levels of the business
* Experience of QMS Experience of ISO certification and Chain of Custody (CoC)
* Analytical and Problem Solving skills
* Experience of BisTrack and SharePoint would be beneficial
Essential Attributes for the Role:
This is a hands-on role where the incumbent will need to ‘get stuck in’ and ‘get their hands dirty’ in the interest of maintaining standards and processes and delivering improved value and benefit to the business units through the various accreditations and certifications awarded to the company.
Success in this role will also involve seeking opportunities for certification, accreditation and improved systems and processes that deliver value and benefit to each and/or all business units across the group.
This role requires an individual who is organised, good with IT and systems. They will need to create quality standard, converting customer and business requirements, electronically, on paper and verbally.
You need to be A self-starter who seeks out opportunities for improvement, can effectively plan and manage activities, is prepared to ‘go the extra mile’ to achieve results and operates with a balanced approach to achieve the standards required for the clients products, customers and processes whilst maintaining operational objectives.
Please contact Mathew Maddison at The Recruitment Group or simply apply and I will contact you by return