Assembly Process Support Engineer
Up to £22 per hour
Sitec currently have a requirement for an Assembly Process Support Engineer to join our client based in Portsmouth. The client is a world leading Aerospace and Defence Company. This is a contract role for an initial 6 months and has a pay rate of £22p/hr Ltd.
Job description of Assembly Process Support Engineer:
The process engineering team are the driving force behind processbased customisation activities for Assembly Integration and Test (AIT), to ensure design for manufacture (DFM) and implementation of innovative new technologies. To provide, maintain and improve processes and procedures as a support to the AIT technical authority for the production of satellite communications modules and scientific payloads. Working with the internally recognised expert, the Process Support Engineer is responsible for nonconformance resolution through to robust second closure implementation to prevent reoccurrence.
Project Customisation Phase
- Ensure design for manufacture by embedding AIT best practice and supporting technical issues with design team.
- Key stakeholder in influencing payload layout and optimising kit structure through 3D visualisation sessions.
- Working to prevent nonconformance and recurring issues by incorporating lessons learnt and innovative ideas at design level.
Project Preparation phase
- Translate engineering requirements from design documentation to provide detailed schedule inputs to Lead Engineers based on standard integration times and sound product knowledge.
- Review and incorporate supplier handling requirements into AIT operations.
- Interpret the payload BOM to assign generic integration processes for work instruction creation, including the development of procedures for new types of payload equipment.
- Attend project 3D visualisation sessions to ensure design for manufacture specific to process.
- Review and approve all unplanned work requests specific to process before execution. Provide feedback to author, detailed schedule information and ensure all parts are available.
- Technical input to project to ensure that new process and test methods do not compromise AIT activities and production times. (Design for manufacture / test).
- Prepare inputs to assembly readiness review to support Lead Engineer.
Project Operational Phase
- Monitor process implementation in operations and gain continuous feedback to optimise working mode.
- Support nonconformance investigations, resolution, root cause analysis and operational support.
- Produce rework instructions based on product knowledge and robust generic procedures. Identify parts, tooling, skills and duration required to complete.
- Compile technical information required for efficient completion of transfer tasks. Non Project
- Design of tooling / build aids for assembly execution.
- Support improvement and R&D projects including implementation of innovative technology.
- Creation and optimisation of training modules and media for assembly operations.
Qualifications/skills of Assembly Process Support Engineer:
- Ideally educated to degree level in a Mechanical discipline. A lesser qualification is acceptable if a high level of similar industry experience can be demonstrated.
Essential experience required:
- Experience of lean engineering
- Mechanical skills and relevant experience
- Procedures and process control
- Practical and proactive
- Quality driven approach with high attention to detail
- Experience in writing engineering documents
- High selfmotivation and ability to deal with changing priorities on a multi project basis
- Good problem solving skills (technical, logistics and organisational)
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good time management
- Able to work offsite (UK and abroad) for undefined periods at short notice
- Work overtime and occasional shifts (receiving hourly rate uplift when applicable)
- Able to support out of normal hours work using the on call rota process
- Clean room experience
- Mechanical design / validation / experience
- Rudimentary understanding of RF properties and associated risks
- Previous experience of telecoms payload builds
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.
Posted 40 days ago