Business Intelligence Analyst
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion euro proforma turnover, from 800 laboratories across 47 countries and employs about 45.000 staff.
The roles main function will be the continued development and maintenance of the Business Intelligence Microsoft reporting data warehouse and ETL processes. The role also plays a key contributor in ensuring that the business intelligence systems and processes deliver high quality Management Information and Analytics to support the growth of Eurofins Forensics Services (EFS).
The forensic market place is ever changing environment which makes this a demanding role that will offer the successful candidate the chance to play a key role in the development and deployment of future reporting solutions.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Contribute to effective use of Business Intelligence through engagement with key stakeholders, providing excellent insight to drive correct working behaviours.
- Partner with all EFS business units to understand their drivers and needs and to deliver reporting and analyses that generate insight and enable informed decisions
- Design and implement innovative and compelling reports, dashboards, visualisations and models to measure KPIs and support effective decision making
- Assist with the development of the reporting infrastructure and reporting platform architecture.
- Drive better understanding of the value of data with the stakeholders and users and contribute to improvements in data management and data quality
- Become the source of knowledge (SME-Subject Matter Expert) in relevant functional areas of source systems, business processes and BI tools
- Drive continuous improvement across all aspects of Business Intelligence, incl. process and data improvements, data preparation and report delivery automation
- Gather, analyse and document reporting requirements and business processes
- Take an active role in all BI initiatives through project and change management
- Able to think laterally to solve problems and consider options which will optimise the requirements of the business
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in virtual, interdisciplinary teams as well as to work autonomously, take initiative and make things happen
- Ability to work in a pressurised, changing environment with strong focus on high quality and timely delivery of outputs
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be required to attend meetings with both internal and external customers.
Preferred Knowledge, Experience and Technical Skills
- Strong academic background, ideally with a quantitative, IT or analytical degree/qualification
- Passion for handling, analysing and interpreting large, complex data sets
- Commercially driven with excellent analytical and systems skills with a working knowledge of BI tools.
- Experience in working with SQL query building is essential.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel with a sound understanding of VBA automation.
- Working experience in MS SSIS and SSRS
- Experience of data collection via ETL processes, preparation and manipulation across multiple systems.
- Creation and development of data warehouses preferably using the Kimble method
- Experience driving data quality and process improvements
- Ability to comprehend and interpret contractual requirements
- Interest and experience in data science and data mining techniques
- Although not essential a knowledge of a programming language such as R, SAS or Python could prove to be advantageous
- SSAS is not currently being used, but an understanding in this area would be beneficial.
- Been involved in the introduction/maintenance of reporting platforms within a business
Due to the highly sensitive nature of the work, applicants should note that security clearance is required for this role. To gain security clearance you must have three years continuous residency in the UK. Criminal convictions may prevent you from gaining security clearance. This role may in addition require random alcohol/drug screening.
All successful applicants will be required to undertake drug and alcohol testing prior to commencing employment.
Vacancy Reference: EURO235
Apply by emailing your CV to: #########
Posted 13 days ago