Operations & Systems Engineer
OPERATIONS & SYSTEMS ENGINEER | CMR Surgical
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UKs most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breath-taking innovation that underpins our next generation of surgical robot. Were an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then its a great time to join us.
Working within the Customer Operations team, youll develop and deploy your system level expertise to ensure maximum system up-time for our state-of the art surgical robotic system. Youll play a key role in enabling surgical teams to get the best clinical value from the Versius surgical robotic platform and ensuring service agreements and warranty obligations are fulfilled. If youre looking for a challenging role, where you can combine your technical, trouble shooting and customer facing skills then this could be the perfect role for you.
Youll be exposed to a wide variety of teams at CMR, helping you make informed decisions regarding your future career, whether you choose to stay within operations, focus on engineering design or move into a commercially focused role.
Working independently and as part of a wider team, your responsibilitieswill include:
- Developing CMRs technical support, installation and service processes
- Troubleshooting and repair of ouradvanced integrated surgical robotic systems
- Identifying opportunities for datadriven detection to develop preventative maintenance processes
- Owning customer issues from identificationof issue through to resolution, maintaining great customer satisfaction
- Provide technical support to surgeons,clinical teams and internal CMR teams including Commercial, Marketing,Professional Education and Clinical
- Maintaining customer service logs,internal service records and accurate configurations of the installed base,ensuring Quality procedures are followed and further developed for efficientscale up
- Providing feedback to andcollaborating with our Engineering Development and Manufacturing teams
Were a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. Wed expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the teams remit that helps the team deliver its objectives. Well be looking for you to take on leadership opportunities as they arise in these rapidly growing teams.
Youll be great at working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, bringing your strong work ethic and a proven desire to deliver high quality results in customer facing environments. Naturally youll have a good (first or upper second) degree in engineering, physics or related discipline. Youll have a proven track record of applying of mechanical, electronics or software engineering fundamentals to real time systems including analytical, theoretical, experimental and creative capabilities.
You will need to have:
- Ability tolook at problems from a system perspective and be able to drill down analysisto software, electronics and / or mechanical issues.
- Ability tocommunicate with internal and external customers in high pressure situationsand maintain strong customer relationships
- A can-dohands-on attitude for a variety of tasks
- Ability toindependently trouble shoot complex electro-mechanical systems
- Amechanical aptitude for performing any mechanical component repair orreplacement to exacting standards
- Electronicsexperience and ability to perform software updates via engineering interfaces
- A keennessto work with hospitals and to learn about Operating Theatre protocols andprocedures
- A genuine desire to help, develop andsupport team members so that we can all achieve our best
- A fulldriving licence, be capable of travelling at short notice and be able to handlethe rigours of air travel
- A second language (ideally German,Italian, Mandarin)
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our infamous monthly BBQs). On top of that, youll be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interested? Wed love to hear from you!
Posted 21 days ago