Teaching Assistant for SEN school in Doncaster
£57 - £65 per day
Special Needs Support Assistant
Teaching Personnel are looking for caring individuals who are eager to make a real difference to the lives of young people with Special Educational Needs in Doncaster. Children in these schools have complex needs, including profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD) and physical disabilities.
The role involves:
- Supporting students with their movement and accessibility around school, potentially using hoists and mechanically aided equipment (Teaching Personnel run a Moving and Handling course to cover this)
- Supporting students with personal care e.g. toileting
- Working together with other support staff, teachers and medical staff
- Enabling student participation in lesson times, during playtime or on school trips
- Being aware of emergency procedures e.g. fire alarm procedures or in the event of a fall/accident
We accept applications from people who are:
- Experienced supporting individuals with Special Needs
- Support Workers or people from a care background
- Trained in Moving and Handling or have additional training that is relevant and a DBS on the Update Service
You will be paid weekly and earn between £50-£60 per day. Teaching Personnel pride ourselves on our high quality candidate care so you will be assigned your own Specialist Recruitment Consultant to guide you through the process. There are also lots of opportunities to build upon your personal development, through our online CPD Academy or on our termly courses.
If this sounds like the role for you then please do not hesitate to send an up to date CV or click APPLY now!
Posted 13 days ago