Here at NPS we have a simple set of values that sets out who we are as a company. We are:
Intelligent– we make the right choices
Involved – our enthusiasm creates energy
Innovative – we always ask what’s next
Our business is all about making lives safer, healthier, better managed and mobile
Our software underpins critical police, health, housing and local government services, ensuring delivery of the right data at the right time to protect and improve people’s lives.
We’re as committed to the positive social outcomes of our customers’ services as they are, which means we put people first. In the interfaces and systems we design, and the software support and development service we provide.
Across the world, billions of people every day rely on the services and benefits provided by their police, health services, housing and local government. Their home, welfare, wellbeing and security often depend on them.
We create and manage the software that connects people with these services. We design smart interfaces and data processes to ensure services are easy to use, always on, relevant, accurate and trusted.
Using internet, mobile and AI technology, we are designing new tools that maximise the positive experience people have of critical services, and helping to make sure they are safer, healthier, better managed, and able to organise their life on the go.
Working closely with our customers – the service providers – we define people’s needs today and in the future – and work intelligently to continuously improve our software products and data management.
Our software underpins the performance of our customers as they serve their customers. Our constant focus is making sure our software is stable, efficient, cost efficient and secure.
We’re proud of the role we play, improving people’s lives through dependable critical services. With a growing number of customers globally, we’re going to make a difference to millions of people more.
Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.
We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide – this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.
NPS provide market leading Environment & Planning solutions to mainly Local Government and Central Government. Over 200 customers and 120,000 users utilise our Environment & Planning software and you will be part of the team providing end-user support to those customers and internal teams.
The Development and Support team is at the heart of our Local Government Technology team and its use of agile, innovative working practices and technology have helped to inform the technical strategy throughout the business. As part of this exciting, forward thinking team you would be trained and offered opportunities to build technical skills that blur the lines between end-user and technical support as a Support Analyst.
The Support Analyst will work with other Support Analysts, Developers, and Architects under the general supervision of a Support Manager.
The main skills of a Support Analyst are:
Excellent attention to detail
Ability to follow instructions
Demonstrate excellent customer service and influencing skills across various mediums.
Provide technical advice to the customer base under guidance
Flexibility in approach
Ability to make decisions and take ownership
Strong communication skills
- To provide first line investigation and diagnosis where applicable ensuring that IT issues & faults reported to the appropriate teams and are resolved in the shortest possible time, meeting the organisations service level targets, and minimizing the disruption to critical system.
- To ensure comprehensive documentation of procedures are maintained, and to ensure that system documentation and support process is regularly reviewed.
- To resolve those incidents/service requests classified as First-Line-Fix.
- To accurately close (using closure codes), all resolved incidents, requests and other calls in a timely manner, especially at month end.
- To keep users informed of progress (especially post SLA breach).
- To collect and record accurate information for other teams to progress any calls transferred to their Group.
- To reflect on customer feedback through reviews with the support manager.
- To contribute to team meetings
WHERE WILL YOU WORK?
This position is based in the NPS Belfast office.
- Knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows desktop technologies (Windows 7 / Win 10)
- Experience using and troubleshooting Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel)
- Excellent telephone manner and face to face communication skills
Relevant 1st line / Helpdesk support experience
Basic understanding of software set-up and configuration
Degree in information technology
Basic SQL syntax skills
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following Company funded benefits: Single Private Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days 4 x basic salary life assurance cover
A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs This role offers a competitive salary.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. All roles as standard undertake a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check, some roles may require additional vetting such as NPPV/MOD.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities
Posted 11 days ago