Payroll, Pensions and Benefits Specialist (FTC)
Provide comprehensive support of pensions, benefits and payroll projects to all designated colleagues.
- Operating within Pensions and Benefits team (based in London) and Payroll team (Newcastle) and business colleagues to deliver joint success. Able to build and maintain effective relationships with business leaders, colleagues, clients and networks, working as part of a team or using own initiative.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To manage, process and co-ordinate all pensions and incoming mail, responding to emails as appropriate within agreed timescales and escalating where necessary.
- To be the main point of contact on pension provision for both providers and members
- To reconcile all pension payments at the end of each payroll run
- To produce all monthly and annual returns
- To liaise with NHS and Local Government Scheme representatives as required.
- To actively maintain UK legislative knowledge in relation to pensions and benefits.
- To administer and report on the relevant benefit provision -Income Protection, Life Assurance and Private Medical Insurance
- To liaise with other members of the Pensions and Benefits (based on London) to promote best practice
- To support in the research of and implementation of benefit improvements as appropriate.
- Assist in the control and completion of P11D benefit returns
- To work with the Payroll team on the improvement and development of administrative processes in order to maintain an efficient and effective Payroll support service to the business.
Qualifications and Experience:
- good interpersonal skills and able to engage with people at all levels and across different functions quickly and credibly using excellent and adaptive communication skills.
- strong technical skills able to deliver fast and reliable data entry ensuring high quality.
- high level of attention to detail with an accurate, thorough and reliable approach, ability to plan and prioritise varied workload within tight deadlines but stay flexible.
- ability to plan and prioritise workload
- knowledge of private and public sector pensions (Local government schemes, NHS, fair deal and TUPE)
- Initiative and problem solving - conscientious problem solver with ability to streamline process to ensure it meets the needs of the business and adds value.
- Courage to challenge – positively questions the status quo with a resilient and flexible approach
- Track record of managing sensitive and confidential information
- Good knowledge of iTrent payroll system (essential)
- High standard of knowledge of MS package (in particular Excel and Powerpoint) and general IT literacy
- Knowledge of P11D systems (SAP in particular)
Competencies & Values:
- Focus – We make it Happen. It's easier to do a job right first time, than to explain why you didn't
- Accountability – We are responsible for our actions
- Consideration – Treat everyone as we wish to be treated ourselves
- Excellence – We set the standard. The lowest standard we demonstrate is the highest we can expect from others.
Posted 5 days ago