Workover and Well Abandonment Specialist
925631 - Workover and Well Abandonment Specialist
- The primary responsibilities of the Workover and Well Abandonment Specialist are:
- Position reports to Wells Manager once the decision is agreed with completion and workover team
- Workover and Well Abandonment Specialist is overall accountable for planning and support of assigned plug & abandonment activity and workover operations;
- Accountable for set up well integrity and abandonment guidelines
- Collaborate and lead engineering staff during program development
- Participate at wellwork planning and provide technical inputs
- Actively participate in tool and device selection for Workover operations
- Actively participate at job planning stage
- Defend stage gates of workover or abandonment planning
- Develops procedures and work schedules for Wells team for safe abandonment and workoever operations
- Preparation of all required P&A engineering documentation
- Performs calculations on cement volumes needed for P&A activities based on well information
- Ensuring API/NORSOK standards to be followed during all the P&A and workover activities
- Securing the necessary equipment and services to conduct well abandonment and workover operations
- Preparing cost estimates by selecting the necessary equipment, personnel and services to conduct offshore P&A operations and workover
- Prepare all technical documents including work instruction, program and end of well reports.
- Drilling and completion fluid selection
- Planning and advising perforation, workover and completion operations
- Should deliver workover plan within 1 month and abandonment within the next month. Extension to this timeline can be accepted once justification has been made based on reasonable grounds.
Tertiary qualification in Engineering (Petroleum Engineering or similar)
10+ years' work experience in offshore abandonment, workover and completion activities across multiple well locations / significant workover and abandonment experience in conventional and unconventional wells (HP/HT gas wells) is mandatory
Service company experience would be a plus
Strong background in Workover, Well Interventions.
Significant experience in workover and completion in harsh/remote locations is a plus
Significant Intervention experience (wireline, slickline and coiled tubing etc)
Need to be very familiar with Norsok/API standards.
Working knowledge of all workover and completion software programs
Prepare all technical documents including work instruction, program and end of well reports.
Active and visible commitment to HSE
IWCF Well Control, IADC well workover and other recognized workover certified or equivalent
Experience working with/for Major Operator Oil Companies
Advanced knowledge and abilities in Excel and other MS Office applications
Experience in Planning and Project Management
Yes. Travel will be required to the field locations offshore, to monitor and participate in workover and abandonment operations, performing third party Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Posted 8 days ago