£31500 - £37000 per annum + Overtime, pension, progression
Position: Maintenance Engineer
Salary: Circa £32,000 per annum + overtime + Progression
Hours of work: 4 on 4 off Days and Nights
We are seeking a Maintenance fitter to join an expanding production team operating and undertaking planned maintenance and inspections of an innovative manufacturing plant.
Offering support to the production and maintenance team and promoting the development and implementation of the factory system.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Operation of production machinery and providing maintenance service, departmental support and mechanical repairs ensuring that all production targets are maintained.
* Monitor & supply production and engineering support of machine setup & changeovers to ensure that the product conforms to any quality assurance standards and ensuring changeovers are as efficient as possible.
* Daily liaison with the Shift Production Manager to ensure that all production and maintenance requirements are undertaken in any allocated work area
* As an engineering member of the Production team promote the development and implementation of the Factory PPM system.
* Design, fabrication and machining of parts and structures to service the needs of the business.
* As a member of the Production Department applying rigorous application using TPM Tools & Techniques to generate Continuous Improvement throughout all work areas.
* As a member of the Production team applying the 5S principles to deliver worldclass standards of housekeeping.
The Factory is continuously improving and moving forwards and it is essential that the Engineering Operative adapts to these changes.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
* Recognized Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship & Qualification.
* Flexible & selfmotivated working attitude to combine both engineering and operational skills.
* Numerate & literate.
* Team working attitude.
* Pneumatics, hydraulics, bench fitting and welding skills.
* High degree of Health & Safety awareness.
* Experience of working in a TPM or similar environment.
* Experience of a modern manufacturing environment.
* Computer literate.
Posted 21 days ago