York, North Yorkshire, England
Location: Scarborough and North Yorkshire
Hours: 37.5 hours per week- Monday to Friday, 08:30 to 16:30.
Job type: Permanent, Full - time
Blatchford is a world leading rehabilitation provider with clinical expertise in prosthetics, orthotics, special seating and wheelchairs. We design and manufacture the multi award-winning Endolite range of lower limb prostheses and provide clinical services to the NHS, military and patients internationally. With 128 years of innovation and expertise behind us, we produce the world's most advanced microprocessor artificial limbs.
We now have an excellent opportunity for a Technical Instructor, to join our busy Wheelchair service and support in the delivery of an outstanding clinical service across North Yorkshire and Scarborough.
Responsibilities of the Technical Instructor:
- Working within appropriate guidelines and upon direction of the occupational therapist/ wheelchair clinician to deliver wheelchair solutions and clinical interventions which meet the service users' individual needs
- Supporting the clinicians to manage a caseload of patients, liaising with service users to identify their individual needs and implementing appropriate solutions, within given timeframes.
- Working closely with the technical team to ensure wheelchairs are repaired and modified appropriately.
- Ensuring patient records are maintained and providing typed reports of assessments and handovers carried out, as necessary, guaranteeing that all reports written by self, supervisees or students are to an acceptable standard.
- Using specialist techniques for the handling of patients with physical and cognitive needs and appropriate techniques or precautions when treating/handling patients presenting with behaviours and/or mental health needs
- Providing appropriate education to patients and carers in order to encourage patient participation in the management of their condition.
- Taking an active role in developing and promoting the wheelchair service within the organisation, having an awareness of local and national initiatives impacting on the wheelchair services and maintaining a strong, current theoretical knowledge base, keeping up to date with all developments associated with postural management and mobility equipment
Requirements of the Technical Instructor:
Previous experience of working in a role as a Technical Instructor is essential, preferably from a relevant clinical area, although we welcome applications from Technical Instructor's from any background who are looking to further develop their knowledge and experience.
As a Technical Instructor, you will be a strong communicator, and have a flexible and caring approach. You will be methodical and have good organisational skills, particularly when working to varying deadlines, and you will be a proactive individual, who is passionate about delivering an excellent service and developing your skills within a professional service setting.
You will use these skills to work closely within a multi-disciplinary team, to deliver an effective patient led service to wheelchair users throughout the region.
In return we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and the opportunity to develop within a successful wheelchair service.
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the Technical Instructor, then please apply now!
Posted 25 days ago