Project Engineer -Embedded & Software Systems
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
A Project Engineer with a background in Embedded Systems or Software Engineering / Development is sought to manage systems integration projects in an engineering environment
Working on a variety of Software & Systems integration projects you will be responsible for the engineering, integration, testing, commissioning and support of software, network and control systems for the delivery of bespoke solutions
This will involve the following activities:
- Integration, configuration and deployment of software applications
- Project Engineering, including, sourcing, configuration, integration and test
- Prepare Functional and Test specifications and agree with customers
- Data engineering from field devices through to the software applications
- Configuration of IT infrastructure
- Interpret clients' requirements and engineer, integrate, test and deliver the solution in a professional and timely manner.
- System engineering for control and automation projects (including software and hardware)
- Interface with customers on all technical elements and schedules
- Engage with sub-contractors and external suppliers for integration of project elements.
- Produce documentation to meet the customer requirements and gain acceptance and approval
- Software/Hardware deployment, configuration and integration of data, Communications, infrastructure and software applications.
- System testing including device testing, integration testing, Factory Acceptance Testing, commissioning and Site Acceptance Testing
- Participate in project meetings and assist in the scheduling of activities
- Interface with suppliers of equipment, services and software solutions.
- Provision of after-sales support for projects, including on-site support
The successful candidate will ideally have the following experience
- Degree in Computer Science, Industrial Control Systems, Electrical Engineering or similar and 2/3 years project engineering experience, preferably within IT or Software sectors involving Control Systems, SCADA or Automation
- Software and IT systems background, particularly desirable would be knowledge of server virtualization technologies, web-services, Python scripting and the Linux Operating System.
- Control and automation background focused specifically in design, installation, programming and validation of automated equipment
- Knowledge of SCADA and HMIs, would be desirable
- Experience within the Process or Utilities sectors would be an advantage
- Familiarity with the Software lifecycle and development experience would be advantageous
- Experience of tools such as GIT, JIRA and Confluence would be desirable
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Prioritise tasks while working to tight schedules.
- Be willing to travel within the UK and overseas as necessary for normal project activities.
This is an exciting and challenging role with a leading systems developer and integrator in their field. Good training and development opportunities are available.
Please call Adam Jones at Major Recruitment or click Apply Now if you are interested in this opportunity