Wolverhampton - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Training Manager
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Shift pattern: Day time hours (once a month you will be required to work 6am - 2pm or 10am - 6pm for one week)
Closing Date: 06/10/2021
Are you a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you're looking for change, and you're ready to make changes … we're looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team you'd like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we'll make promises to you too. The key responsibilities in this role include:
- Refine and enhance training materials to suit business needs - ensure training Matrix is updated regularly
- Train colleagues to RTITB standard on site MHE as required by volumes and licenes refresh dates
- Lead induction training for all new employees - amend induction in line with site changes
- Discuss opportunities with colleagues and supervisors to identify improvements and solutions via OMS
- Assist in preparation of awareness training for management and Executive teams
- Retrain low performing colleagues as identified through 1-2-1 with FLM via Performance Coaces and/or Standard Work Confirmation (minimum bottom 10% of performers at frequency agreed with site)
- Work closely with CI team to ensure Standard Work confirmations are aligned to training approach also to drive standardisation in the operation and to sustain continuous improvement
- Review best practice performance, integrate into training collateral and implement across site
- Communicate Roles & Responsibilities applicable to your team (Performance Coaches) and ensure they are trained and prepared to execute the expected activities (see Excellence School responsibilities)
- Update Daily resource planning for next shift, based on latest volume and volume profile information
- Receive Daily resource planning updated from previous shift and define shift priorities with coordinator. If there is a significant deviation of employee attendance (communicated by coordinator), update the tool to have a better planning
You won't find another job like the one you'll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here's what we need from you:
- Ability to manage a Team
- Ability to manage change processes
- OMS experience
- RTITTB credited
- Ability to work independently and manage your own time
- Strong organisation skills
- Flexible with working hours (required to work a 6-2 or 10-6 shift one week out of the month)
- Previous experience training / performance role
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.