London, Greater London, England
£65k - 70k per year
Permanent (Full time)
ConSol Partners' client, a global provider of identity services, is currently looking for a DevOps Engineer for their team in Old Street, London.
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Who we're looking for:
We have an expert Infrastructure Engineering team here in London and are looking for an outstanding DevOps Engineer to help us redefine our DevOps pipeline, reducing the management and maintenance load on the team, and enabling fast but safe deployment of new services and scaling of existing ones.
You are constantly striving to improve life for both your customers and your team , proactively developing our systems, and automating wherever you can. You are passionate about delivering the best possible service, and building networks that use the latest technology to support this goal.
You are platform-agnostic, happy to select (and master) the right tool for the job, and able to justify the choice. We aim to standardise where we can, but ensuring we consolidate on the right system, rather than defaulting based on legacy inheritance, or simply following the latest trend.
You are familiar with the fundamentals of scripting and object orientated programming , and are able to learn new languages. You enjoy finding the most efficient way to automate tasks with re-usable code.
You enjoy getting to grips with a problem . Your inquisitive mind and methodical approach enables you to drill down into an issue, breaking it into consecutively smaller pieces until you can isolate and resolve the root cause.
You give respectful honest feedback , working constantly to improve yourself and help your team-mates, while considering (and accepting where appropriate) alternate, sometimes opposing, opinions.
You work hard to deliver highly available quality solution for everyone to enjoy.
- Design and deployment of DevOps systems, frameworks and tooling for our infrastructure
- Deployment and management of an IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) platform
- Development of tooling and scripts to automate regular tasks
- Administration of FreeBSD and Linux hosts
- Administration and troubleshooting of various open source and third party technologies
- Hardening and monitoring of security of hosts and network devices
- Proactive monitoring and improvement of the infrastructure
- Working with other members of the Infrastructure team to understand where processes/tooling can be created/improved to reduce duplication
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience. Engineering or related discipline highly preferred.
- 3 years or more experience administrating and troubleshooting Linux and/or FreeBSD systems.
- 3 years or more programming experience (Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl).
- Strong understanding of object-orientated programing.
- Experience of containerisation technologies (LXC, Docker, FreeBSD jails, etc.)
- Experience working with version control systems.
- Strong technical documentation skills, and an understanding of the importance of documentation in a compliance environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools (chef/puppet, foreman, rundeck/ansible) may be an advantage.
- Bonus points for PKI experience.
What we offer
- A friendly and personal working environment
- Competitive salary
- Company Profitability Bonus Scheme
- Employer matched pension contributions to 5% of salary
- 4 x Salary life cover
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Perkbox Gold Card Discount
We regret to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Founded in 2008, ConSol Partners are one of the world's leading technology recruitment brands with headquarters in the City of London and international offices in Los Angeles, Austin and Berlin. ConSol Partners provide permanent and contract recruitment solutions to FTSE & Fortune 500 companies, global brands and start-ups across the 'internet supply chain' of Communications, Cloud and Digital.
Posted 19 days ago