Business Development Manager - London
Business Development Manager (Home-based) covering London
M&J Seafood is the UK’s largest independent fish and seafood supplier. We are passionate about supplying customers with the freshest fish and seafood from local ports and world markets in a sustainable way.
Plus we are not alone, M&J Seafood is part of the Fresh Direct family, a set of specialist brands including Fresh Direct, Wild Harvest, Freshfayre and Fresh Kitchen. To top it off, the Fresh Direct family is proudly part of Sysco, the world’s largest food service supplier.
Scope of the role
A Business Development Manager is pivotal within the M&J Independent Sales team. Winning new profitable independent business within a defined geographical area and the successful on-boarding of new customers is key to ensuring that their businesses thrive, and they remain loyal to M&J because of the outstanding solutions that you offer together with your best-in-class customer service and unwavering support.
- Build and maintain robust account pipelines to identify quality new sales opportunities that will achieve and increase Sales turnover and gross profit
- To devise and deliver customer business plan to maximise both customer and company growth
- Ensure best commercial fit to customer and business
- Maximise selling opportunities by analysis of customer need
- To devise and deliver an effective working relationship plan with the Area Sales Managers, to maximise business growth
- Proactively manage customer retention
- Ensure a smooth transition of successful wins to the assigned Area Sales Manager
You will have a strong track record of new business sales wins in the food industry and will recognise the importance of being well planned, organised and able to manage relationships internally and externally.
Driven by an entrepreneurial spirit you will be positively creative in coming up with new ideas and demonstrate strong communication skills. The ability to make a great first impression is also a must. Integrity and the ability to be a team player are also key attributes for this role. You will be comfortable working in a fast paced commercially competitive environment that rewards creativity, persistency and a flair for growing and retaining customers.
So if you are a sales professional with a passion for food, please apply. In return we offer a competitive salary and bonus package
Posted 16 days ago