£36.00 - £40.00 per hour
Contract (Full time)
Morson International are pleased to be working with a key client who operate within the Nuclear sector.
- Currently there is a requirement for an EC&I Technician who will be based at Dungeness B Power Station in Kent.
- Role Profile
- Reporting to the Site Supervisor, Foreman or Engineer for all matters relating to quality and safety. Undertaking Electrical or Instrumentation installation and maintenance activities on the site.
- Your role will consist of, but will not be restricted to the following:
- Job Description
- Install and maintain Low Voltage Plant/Equipment.
- Interpret and implement the current requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations and IEE Regulations (BS7671).
- Work in compliance with the requirements of the Clients Health and Safety Procedures.
- Perform work so as to avoid danger to themselves and to others that might be affected by their actions.
- Undertake isolation of electrical systems/equipment in line with HSPRD010 and in particular Live Working Restrictions where authorised.
- Report all anomalies, safety hazards, plant damage and specific problems through the Project Supervisor/Foreman/Engineer before proceeding further.
- Refrain from interference with any safety equipment provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc).
- Adopt at all times the S*T*A*R*T principle. Stop, Think, Act, Review, & Tell, whilst engaged on all types of work.
- Attend weekly Toolbox Talks relating to matters of Safety and Company policy.
- Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments.
- Participate in the Pre and Post Job Briefs and Post Job DeBriefs
- These duties are project specific and in addition to those described in the Company and project manuals and procedures. He/she shall ensure that they are familiar with these documents, and any legislation to which they refer.
- The Electrical Technician or Electrical Control & Instrumentation Technician may be assisted in the execution of these duties by a team of staff. The services of the establishment e.g. quality, safety, administration etc. will also be available of which full use should be made.
- The candidate will hold a recognised qualification relating to this vacancy.
- Hold a CCNSG safety Passport
- It is desirable that the candidate will have had previous experience of working on a Nuclear Power Station.
- This position will require the candidate to hold full CTC (Counter Terrorist Check) in place.
- For more information regarding this position please telephone the Leiston office on######### or email your CV
Posted 52 days ago