Product Specialist - Surgical
Dudley, West Midlands, England
£40k - 47k per year + Benefits
- Market Leading Company
- Genuine Opportunities To Progress
- Opportunities within the Group to move
- Great Support and training provided at every level
- Very Impressive Head Office Facilities with product showrooms
The Product Specialist will be responsible for the development of business and sales for a range of surgical operating tables and accessory products throughout the UK.
With a national remit, the initial focus will be on the North area of the UK.
The Territory is covering Liverpool to Hull and up to Scottish border, so ideally need someone based around the Liverpool/Manchester/Leeds area.
This role will be the knowledge base and a trusted partner on the Surgical product lines
You will work closely with the team and Sales Director in supporting the deployment of the UK wide product and sales strategy and spend the majority of your time (90%) in the hospital environment discussing and demonstrating the operating theatre product range.
Day to day you will be advising surgeons and theatre staff with patient/procedure positioning in order to achieve sales as well as engaging commercially with key decision makers in the hospitals including unit and departmental management, procurement, finance and medical engineering stakeholders.
Development of a territory sales plan to achieve consistent, sustainable and profitable growth of the territory including retention of existing customer base and conversion of competitor customer base
Qualifying prospects from initial enquiries, through presentations and in theatre product demonstrations, to being awarded business from NHS and Private Hospitals.
The Ideal Person:
- It is essential that candidates have theatre experience with capital sales.
- The ideal candidate is a committed and strong salesperson with a good focus on solution selling who is happy to proactively build a strong network of clinical and commercial stakeholders who he/she can leverage to deliver results.
- Strong clinical sales background, preferably in an operating theatre environment, with a sound grasp of the various operating procedures.
- Candidates should be energetic, highly motivated and empowered to work under their own initiative.
- Significant product training will be provided in Europe and America, and the successful candidate should expect significant travel across the UK, with some overnight stays.
- You should be commercially astute with the ability to work on large value, complex sales prospects with long lead times.
- With a creative flair, the successful candidate will be able to leverage sales of operating tables as package deals with their colleagues selling other product lines.
Consultant: David Gray
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
About On Target
At On Target, we specialise in sales, technical and commercial jobs in the Engineering, Construction, Building Services, Medical & Scientific, and Commercial & Industrial Solutions sectors, enabling our consultants to become experts in their market sector. We place all levels of personnel, up to Director across the UK and internationally.
Posted 28 days ago