Accounts payable Clerk
Oxford, Oxfordshire, England
Contract (Full time)
Accounts Payable Clerk 6 Months Fixed Term Contract £22,000 -£25,000 Oxford Start as soon as possible
Your new company
This is a brilliant Accounts Payable Clerk role for a well-established company that is a world leading global educator in creative media industries. You will be working alongside a friendly, supportive, accounts department based in Oxford.
Your new role
The Accounts Payable clerk will be responsible for the accurate processing and paying of supplier invoices, invoices and credit card expenses alongside month end procedures and reconciliations across the European departments. This role will report into the Accounts Payable Manager based in Oxford.
- Processing large volumes of supplier invoices, expenses and credit card expenses accurately and timely (including scanning/uploading of invoices and receipts) into the accounting system, ensuring invoices match purchase order details where appropriate.
- Proactive management of chasing missing invoices from campuses
- Follow up and obtain approval for any non-PO invoice
- Monitor open PO status and ensure non matched open PO are cleared down each month
- Weekly review of accounts payable ledger ("AP TB") with view to clearing outstanding transactions
- Prepare payment run proposals and manual payment requests as required
- Reconciliation of bank payments to bank statements and end of month bank reconciliation
- Posting of re-charge journals across entities and cost centres
- Intercompany recharges across the various entities
- Support on historical reconciliation review
- Supplier statement reconciliations as appropriate
- Support ad hoc requests from AP Manager and Financial Controller
- Specific KPIs to be agreed upon appointment to role.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful you will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of professional accounting principles and practices, as well a have prior experience with corporate financial, accounting and administrative information system. It is also essential that you have good excel skills and computer literacy. Additionally, you should have strong organisational, time management and the ability to work independently. Finally. fluency in European languages is advantageous.
What you'll get in return
This is a fixed term contract role offering up to £25,000 (Experience dependant). You will be applicable to a pension scheme, as well as entitled to 36 days of annual leave, inclusive of 8 day bank holiday.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.