Maintenance and Training Supervisors
East London, Greater London, England
27967.0000 - 31553.0000
Permanent (Full time)
Do you want to work in a role where you can use your trade skills and experience to help end homelessness?
About the role
Helping people who have experienced homelessness to gain skills and develop their employability is a fundamental part of our aim to help people rebuild their lives.
St Mungo’s Construction Skills training programmes offer opportunities for people with experience of homelessness to learn a range of trades and find employment. One of the programme streams supports our clients to gain work experience in maintenance trades, working alongside maintenance operatives in St Mungo’s accommodation services.
We are now have some exciting opportunities to join the teams supporting Brent, Hounslow and Lambeth. In these rewarding roles you will:
- Be responsible for managing and coordinating a range of property maintenance needs, across multiple services.
- Deliver the Construction Skills Onsite tuition programme to trainees, providing a motivational and supportive environment in which to learn.
- Liaising with managers and other colleagues across St Mungo’s to ensure expectations and priorities are met.
- Ensure safe working practice at all times, following relevant policies and procedures and complete regular administrative tasks.
We think these roles will suit people with a qualification in site supervision, Trade CSCS , IQA, CAVA or similar Assessor qualifications, or the willingness to gain qualifications. In addition to:
- A sound working knowledge of a range of construction skills, and demonstrable experience of construction with particular skills in trades and/or property maintenance; and on-site supervision.
- Experience in training and supervising trainees, staff or volunteers on site and/or in a workshop settings, with the ability to support and motivate clients through a process of change.
- The ability to support and motivate clients through a process of change, an understanding of the issues faced by people who are homeless or vulnerably housed will also be essential for this role.
- The ability to complete administrative tasks using IT applications, and effective communication skills.
Above all, if you are passionate about delivering high quality maintenance services, and training others to do the same we’d love to hear from you.
What we offer
Excellent Development and Growth Opportunities
A Diverse and Inclusive Work Place
Great Pay and Other Benefits
What we do
At St Mungo’s our vision is that everyone has a place to call home and can fulfil their hopes and ambitions. As a homelessness charity and housing association, our clients are at the heart of what we do, and in 2019 - 2020 we supported 32,800 people across all of our services. Our staff are crucial to making this happen.
How to apply
To find out more and apply please go to the St Mungo’s careers page on our website and submit an online application form. we cannnot accept CV's unfortunatly.
Closing date: 10am on 28 October 2021
Interview and assessments on: tbc