Construction Engineer (Electrical & Instrumentation)
Worley is currently recruiting for a Construction Engineer (Electrical & Instrumentation) to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation based in Aberdeen until the end of the year.
You will join our Construction Management Team of highly experienced and competent construction personnel who manage and facilitate construction teams, materials, tools, plant and equipment. We execute established 'best practice' construction working practices, procedures and systems, supporting safe and effective execution of Brownfield and Asset Management projects both onshore and offshore. The Construction function responsibilities include; input into design ensuring implementation of construction best practice and development of optimum, sequenced build philosophies in support of schedule and cost reduction Management and execution of offshore hook up of new facilities and extensive offshore modification work scopes (Brownfield). In addition, the provision of construction management services globally, to manage third party construction and fabrication facilities on behalf of clients.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised across a range of domestic and international projects, starting in the bid phase, continuing through to award, start up and execution.
- Ensure that constructability is inherent within the design by being involved at the early stage of work scope and work pack compilation/development in accordance with company and project policies and procedures
- Preparation of work packs including TRA's, JMS, materials, peer reviews, HAZIDS, Envid's, COSHH, testing requirement, specialist tools and equipment, also identify specialists/vendors to perform identified tasks
- Develop work scope estimates and register changes with supporting documentation
- Compile, review and develop work packs in accordance with the implementation process, associated standards, specifications and procedures
- Conduct offshore surveys with design team
- Address installation queries and revert with solutions
- Check completed work packs prior to handover, raise punch lists if appropriate. Manage/action accordingly
- Commitment to and promotion of Worley values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures
- HNC in associated discipline background
- Significant experience in similar role plus recognised discipline trade qualifications
- Demonstrate experience in similar role, with a proven background of delivery
- Conversant with the work pack process, including familiarity with TRA, Peer Reviews, HAZID's/ENVID's, COSHH processes
- Experienced in the production of detailed and accurate reports, technical queries, material requisitions and all other work pack related documents
- Delivery focused and committed to achievement of project goals
- Desire to learn and develop
- Open to innovation
Posted 9 days ago