Information Technology Year Placement 2022
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Permanent (Full time)
P&G IT deliver technical innovations that drive and accelerate our growth and further cement our renowned status as the world's largest consumer goods firm. The experience will provide you with the fundamentals for a career in the technology and Data & Analytics sector and will provide profound benefits to business areas across P&G.
During your 12 month placement in the Information Technology organisation, you are part of one of the most advanced global IT and shared Services organisations in the world. You will transform the way business is done through technology and innovation every single day.
The placement will commence in July 2022. We have opportunities in Newcastle, Reading and Greater London (Weybridge or West Thurrock).
Placement Area Opportunities
Development Management Placement:
As a Development Manager, you will lead the development of a new or enhanced IT solution. You will be expected to understand business, user and solution requirements, work with colleagues and customers to validate your understanding and deliver your own code and/or configurations, as well as lead others involved in your project. In addition, we will look for you to make recommendations to drive User Experience and contribute to the overall application quality via unit and integration testing and defect resolution. You will be supported with the necessary trainings in the end to end business process and coding languages you will use in order to be successful.
Callum: "I’m working in Global Consumer Relations, primarily focusing on developing our tool ‘Zen’ which is used to automatically remove sensitive data from our support channels (such as e-mail/chat/social media) so that the company can comply with an EU law protecting individual’s data privacy (GDPR)."
Technology Project Manager Placement:
As a Technology Project Manager you will develop the project plan, lead the execution of project delivery, including measurement of progress vs schedule, project success criteria, risk management, communication and problem solving for issues that occur. You will need to understand and balance between costs and benefits when reviewing options and making recommendations. During your time, you will get the opportunity to build expertise in the IT domain of the project and establish a network across the globe.
Puneet: "I’m working in mobility, to look at the discovery work for automating activation of roaming packs so we can reduce roaming cost around the globe, also looking at e-sim as new technology for P&G and its potential benefits that can be bought to the company."
Please indicate a preference area when prompted on your application
What we Offer You:
- Responsibilities from Day 1 – You will be given specific projects and responsibilities working on real and live business challenges, just like a true P&Ger.
- Continuous coaching – You will interact with a multi-functional team that could be spread across multiple countries, as well as work with our external partners. You will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager and coach.
- Compensation & Benefits -You will receive a competitive internship salary as well as other benefits whilst you are with us.
- Dynamic and respectful work environment– Employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting flexible working arrangements and work/life balance.
- Full Time Role:Successful interns have the potential to secure a full time position with P&G after graduation.
What we look for:
- University students currently in their penultimate or final year of study or those recently graduated.
- Interest in IT – Whilst we encourage students to apply who study a degree which involves Computer Science, we also encourage applications from applicants who have a real interest in pursuing a career in IT.
- Evidence of passion and achievements in academic and/or non-academic activities.
- Strong English verbal and writing skills.
Good to Know:
We’re consistently recognised as one of the UK’s leading graduate employers listed in Times Top 100 Graduate Employers; The Best Places to Work – Glassdoor; Guardian UK 300; Job Crowd – Best Places for Graduates to Work and Universum’s Most Attractive Employers.
At P&G weseeequal.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Our people come from diverse traditions, personal experiences and points of view. And we want to include yours. Are you ready to inspire us with your unrivalled ideas?
P&G ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process..
Application Deadline: January 31st, 2022– however roles fill fast and are filled on an ongoing basis so apply early to avoid disappointment. We reserve the right to remove the role earlier if the role has been filled.