Product Designer (UX/UI) - Parkway | Zoek UK
Product Designer (UX/UI) - Enterprise Tools
Parkway, Welwyn Garden City AL8 6HG, UK
Permanent (Full time)
About the role
We are looking for a Product Designer who can see the possibility in every opportunity - from large transformational projects on big budgets to the small incremental quick wins that will provide millions of our customers, colleagues and suppliers with immediate improvements. Together with our design team you will help to create products and experiences that are compelling and easy to use. Our design challenge is vast, and we have bold plans for both innovation and expansion so it’s the perfect time to join us and help shape the future of design in Tesco.
Our multidisciplinary team is made up of design, research, content and prototyping specialists who design global enterprise products, tools and services, which thousands of our colleagues and external supplier partners use every day to communicate and do business with Tesco. You’ll collaborate with other teams within our Technology function – Product, Data Science and Engineering as well as the wider business in a fast-paced agile environment. We align around our objectives to provide customer and business value, always asking “it’s good, now how can we make it better?!”
You’ll be a smart, empathetic creative with a real passion for design and storytelling. You’ll always champion a human-centered approach to problem-solving throughout all stages of the discovery and design process and most of all have a clear vision of the future for user experience.
With genuine appetite for solving complex problems, you will have experience in research, workshop facilitation, ideation and technical implementation as well as a passion and energy for design and visual communication of your ideas. Insights and data is what drives our team and you will use it to empower your decisions to support and enhance the lives of people when coupled with a clear understanding of their evolving needs. You’re no stranger to emerging, data informed and driven technologies. You love creating easy to use, engaging, viable and feasible solutions to big problems.
You will be responsible for
- Championing the user experience and working closely with Product and Engineering team to develop the right product delivering value to our customers and our business.
- Define, influence, and drive the user experience vision for projects through design and development
- Coordinate and conduct usability tests, stakeholder interviews and user polling to help inform and evaluate design.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams across the business to Identify core customer missions, create user journeys and experiences that let our customers use our products seamlessly.
- In addition, work across the company’s multi-platform sites: and support experiences developed based on responsive design principles while contributing in development of our design system.
- This role will best suit an individual who embraces unique skillsets of each product team member and seeks team effort over individual achievements, is well organised, pragmatic and a lateral thinker with an inquisitive mind who is motivated to make change for the better and, most importantly, puts our customers first.
You will need
You’ll need to have demonstrated experience of:
- Expertise in research, workshop facilitation, conceptual design, prototyping, detailed UI design, user testing, and implementation.
- Solid understanding of web technologies and software development life cycle would be a great advantage (no coding required).
- Expertise in creating quick sketches, paper prototypes and translating them to fully functional prototypes that are used throughout our design process to validate your solutions against customer needs while ensuring your solutions are technically feasible.
- Agile scrum workflow
- Experience with meaningful data visualizations, intuitive dashboards, business intelligence tools and the tools that allow users to make better decisions would be desirable, but not essential.
- Demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organization.
- Work in partnership with Product Managers, Researchers and Engineering to align design vision and activities with our business goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Computer Interaction, Behavioral Psychology or equivalent related industry experience
- 4+ years of design experience.
We pride ourselves on enabling an inclusive, calm, creative and fun environment and we can’t wait for you to join our team!
What’s in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren’t limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to % of base salary
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted “Gympass” membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and % and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes – Join our ‘Buy As You Earn’ & ‘Save As You Earn’ share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco (from April 2020)
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C’s apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Hatfield & Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus & Hatfield Offices
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life’s challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We strive to create a workforce that reflects our customers not only here in the UK, but worldwide. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life, offering many varying working patterns across our business, and we would love to hear from you!
Posted 1 days ago