Permanent (Full time)
The main purpose of the role is to liaise with the shipping team to ensure the correct items are picked and packed. The role will include day and double day shifts, as well as weekends when required.
- Verify dispatch documents ensuring that material components and quantities received match the documentation so correct procedures can be followed.
- Liaise with couriers whilst on site to ensure vehicles are secure when leaving site
- Checking driver IDs to ensure they are valid couriers on the approved list
- Create and manage any record systems that are required (dispatch logs etc)
- Sort and segregate waste for recycling and maintain good house- keeping
To be successful in the role, you will need:
- O level/GCS standard or equivalent (English & Maths)
- To be computer literate
- Experience would be advantageous but not necessary as cargo training will be given
- To be a flexible team player
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- To be able to remain calm under pressure and work on own initiative
What will you get in return?
- A pension scheme- to save for the future - eligibility rules apply
- Access to high street discounts
- Access to low interest loans
- Recognition scheme ‘OCS Stars’- monetary rewards given to top performers
- Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated ‘Impact’ Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Wellbeing Support
Why join OCS Group Ltd?
OCS prides itself as a company with strong family values and we are passionate about hiring people who demonstrate the same.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS. If you share these Values, we want you to be part of our team.
OCS have a well-respected brand and our colleagues are empowered to be the best version of themselves. We offer job stability and are committed to developing our colleagues by offering more than just a job. We are a financially stable business who continues to be privately owned since its inception in 1900.
We reward those who demonstrate our values and since the launch of our OCS Star recognition scheme we have rewarded nearly 1,500 colleagues with monetary vouchers, certificates, and public recognition within the business.
We invest and support the growth of our people and are currently sponsoring over 310 colleagues who are enrolled in a variety of apprenticeship programmes, ranging from Level 3 qualifications in customer service to degree programmes in Leadership. If you want to develop you career, OCS is a great choice.
OCS offers the family feel of smaller organisations although large enough to offer so many opportunities. We recognise your efforts and contribution and show our appreciation through a variety of reward schemes which in turn results in our colleagues staying with OCS. Our business is the family you can choose, and our people stay for the friendships, opportunities, and career fulfilment we offer.