Behaviour Mentor - Wareham
£57 - £70 per day
One of our mainstream Primary schools located in Wareham are looking to appointBehaviour Mentors to join their team from September, to support pupils with Emotional Behavioural Difficulties on a one-to-one basis. The roles are ongoing, full time (Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 3:30pm, term time only) with the opportunity for a permanent contract to be offered to the suitable candidate(s) at the end of the academic year.
. The ideal candidates :
You must be willing to provide help and support to pupils with Challenging Behaviour, Social and Emotional Mental HealthandLearning Difficulties. In some cases, this would come in the form of disruptive behaviour in the classroom, lack of attention or affect their effort into schoolwork. Some pupils will need help paying attention and managing distractions. Some need help staying organised. Others need help getting started with their work, or finishing work they start. Your role will consist of assisting the class teachers with children in need of additional support mainly with core subjects, but also helping out with their integration and emotional support. These roles will suit candidates who :
- Are looking for a new challenge
- Are able to build a bond with pupils and staff alike
- Can set a positive tone and model an appropriate response to disruptive behaviour
- Looking to take part in the children's development
- Have innovative ideas but also take instructions well
- Have experience working or volunteering with children (i.e. school based, sports coaching, after school clubs, youth clubs, etc.)
- Are able to commit to a full time role until the end of the academic (at least)
Any certificates or qualifications relating to Additional Learning Needs and/or Education in general are preferable but not compulsory. You must be a creative, compassionate, caringandpatientindividual with a strong behaviour management, willing to develop their knowledge in the education and special needs sector. We highly recommend for graduates who are willing to make a career in education to apply.
Applicants must :
- Have the legal right to work in the UK
- Hold a Child Workforce Only DBS registered on the Update Service (or be willing to apply for one - full assistance provided)
- Provide two professional or character references
- Be available to interview and/or trial asap
- Be available to start on short notice
Please note - if the above role isn't quite right for you BUT you would still like to engage in a position within the education sector, please be advised that we are currently recruiting for several roles to start ASAP, throughout Dorset, within all year groups from Nursery to Year 6. You can forward you CV or contact us via telephone for further information.
Posted 19 days ago