Material Planning Analyst
We are currently recruiting for a Material Planning Analyst for a business based in Coventry
Must have advanced Excel skills - this is essential
£25,000 - £30,000
To join the MP&L team as a support function to the MP&L Manager. Responsible for ensuring that the supply of materials meet the production schedule and minimum stock levels to ensure operational and production continuity. Able to deliver efficient, effective and flexible solutions to meet production requirements. Maintains strong relationships both internally and externally to ensure supply of materials meets requirements.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support in the day to day contact with the customer base, understanding any changes to the schedule and expediting parts through to delivery.
- Ensuring sufficient material inventory levels are available to meet customer schedule plan.
- Forecast demand to the supply base, using the long-term sales forecast and intelligence from the sales team.
- Assess volume requirements against planning assumptions
- Minimise obsolete stock and ensure business is left with minimum liability
- Daily engagement with the production team communicating any flex in the customer requirements or constraints form the supply base.
- Strong communication with the offsite distribution center to ensure dispatches are understood and satisfied.
- Create regular statistical reports and analysis and update others in the organisation.
- Responsible for the manipulation of customer schedules received via portal, email, or spreadsheet into a PSM conforming format to enable ease of interpretation across company departments.
Individual should be/have:
- Experience in a similar role, preferably within the automotive sector
- Proven experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Confident with strong communication skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances
- The ability to work under your own initiative and manage time effectively
- Must have advanced Microsoft Excel Skills