Burton On Trent
£35000 to £40000 per annum
This is an exciting opportunity for an ‘energetic Registered Manager’ for a Residential Children’s Home, who is positive, enthusiastic and motivated with excellent leadership skills.
The aim’s of the home are to provide a safe haven in which children and young people can learn appropriate life skills and behaviour, which will help them to live fulfilling lives beyond their time and experience in care.
Registered Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Protect children and young people from threats to health, welfare and normal development inside and outside of the home environment
- Ensure home environment is appropriate and sensitive to needs of children and young people looked after
- Managing the home through procedures, policies and activities engaged in to provide a positive and enjoyable experience for the child or young person they are responsible for
- Ensuring key stages in the stay of the child or young person such as admissions, discharge, transfers are properly managed and recorded
- Ensure staff dealing with complex cases are given support and advice
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with social workers, teaching staff and other professionals from associated agencies engaged in childcare
- To assist in the management and operation of budget and petty cash within guidelines
- To assist in the homes budgeting estimates
- Providing leadership and guidance to assist in the development of staff
- To have responsibility in the deployment and management of staff on a day-to-day basis
- To be involved in the monitoring, appraisal and disciplining of staff as necessary
Registered Manager Minimum requirements:
- Professional social work qualification: DipSW CQSW or equivalent or Level 5 in Care, Care Management or Registered Managers Award or be working towards these qualifications
- Minimum of five years experience working as a home manager or deputy manager in a residential childcare or a directly related field
- Willing to work unsocial hours, flexible and self motivated
- Full driving licence
Closing date: ASAP Interview: ASAP Contact: Ismail at Job Paths 4 U
Job Paths 4 U is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business. We will collect and store personal information that you submit to us via this advertisement. For further information on how we use and protect the information that you provide, please visit our website.
Posted 7 days ago