UC & C Pre-Sales Team Leader
Whether our customers are retail businesses using customer movements to intelligently adjust product placement, a hospital enabling a doctor to analyse patients test results on their iPad, or a law firm reducing their need for office space through flexible working – we connect our customer’s challenges to technology solutions. Our customers trust us to deliver reliable and secure tailored solutions that open up new possibilities for organisational performance and flexibility.
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success. Whatever our employees do – from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service – their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
The successful candidates will lead a team of Pre-Sales Consultants (Unified Communications and Collaboration – UC & C) and assist the Head of UC & C with day-to-day management activities related to the Pre-Sales team. The Team Leader will have an excellent technical understanding of the groups product and services portfolio, a good understanding of the industry’s trends and developments, solid experience in a Pre-Sales role, excellent commercial awareness and a proven track record of helping to win large and complex opportunities.
The goal of the UC & C Pre-Sales Team is to provide the Sales Teams with solution design support required to successfully quote solutions that encompass Daisy Corporate Service’s product portfolio, meets the customer’s needs, are price competitive and provide sufficient information so that these can be delivered by the post-sales engineering and project management departments. This service is delivered via a variety of methods including written proposals, presentations and meetings with customers.
- Provide assistance to Sales in customer meetings either onsite or in Daisy offices.
- Provide a High Level Design service that delivers quotations, proposals documents, diagrams and input to the deisgn and technical sections of tender responses.
- Provide presentation material of solutions
- Provide clear solution handover information to post-sales using an agreed format via a handover meeting with the assigned post-sales team.
- Attend low level design meetings with post-sales and customer staff.
- Ensure that requests for assistance from the sales team and engineering staff involved with the implementation of scoped projects are serviced in a timely manner and, where applicable, within agreed timescales.
- Ensure where product capabilities are not fully understood, to seek assistance from a relatively skilled post-sales enginner to validate the solutions prior to providing customer solutions or pricing.
- Ensure issues are appropriately escalated to the Pre-Sales Manager and to take these up with the product manufacturers.
- Maintain up to date vendor accreditation levels for key portfolio vendors.
- Line management and development of Pre-Sales team members.
- Assign and monitor Pre-Sales activities across the team.
- Review team output to ensure that quality standards are met.
- Final sign-off for solutions designed by the Pre Sales team.
- Assess both team and individual training needs.
- Working with Sales to improve conversion rates.
- Working with Post-Sales to feedback and improve handover and successful delivery of solutions.
- Provide regular and constructive feedback to the Director of Pre-Sales on team performance and matters related to Pre-Sales.
Demonstrable experience of working in a Pre-Sales environment in the Voice/UC&C sector.
Previous management or team leader experience.
Significant IT & Telecoms experience with the ability to talk confidently about technical solutions.
Technical Design skills.
Experience of SIP, Hosted Voice and Unified Communications.
Knowledge of VPLS, MPLS, IP Networking and Routing Protocols.
Knowledge of LAN/WAN environments.
Previous hands-on technical experience is desirable.
Excellent client facing communication skills.
Ability to work under pressure.
Ability to work as part of a team with little supervision.
Responsible and willing to take ownership.
Experience in Avaya, Unify, Cisco and Microsoft Product is desirable.
What are the benefits of working at Daisy?
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- 25 days holidays, plus bank holidays, and the option to purchase more!
- Professional development to help you achieve your personal goals
- Eye care vouchers available and discounted Medicash membership
- Access to discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- An additional day off on your birthday or if you're getting married
- Auto enrolment following probation into a salary pension scheme
- Access to exclusive offers on a range of Daisy products
Posted 18 days ago