West Midlands - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Account Manager / Coordinator
Birmingham Business Park, B37
Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm
Our well-established client is a key player in their field. Even with their substantial growth over the years they have retained their culture and ethos of a friendly and professional family business.
They are looking for an Account Manager/**Customer Service Coordinator** to join their team - dealing with customer and supplier orders. You will be the point of contact between your suppliers and customers, processing orders, ensuring delivery requests are met and that your customer needs are successfully managed.
Duties will involve:
- Create and update orders and delivery requests in accordance with the Company’s procedures
- Develop and maintain good and effective working relationships between customers, suppliers and sales staff
- Support the sales teams in their objectives
- Ensure prompt action and progress of call offs and queries received from customers, suppliers and sales staff.
- Check customer and manufacturer acknowledgements.
- Monitor customer credit status in conjunction with Head Office and ensure that Company Credit Control Procedures are always adhered to.
- Notify availability concerns to sites and sales staff.
- Prepare and issue quotes to customers as requested.
- General office duties such as visitor reception, admin and filing.
Essential Experience - this must be clearly demonstrated on your CV
- Experience of business to business customer support and administration of orders once they have been placed
- Demonstrable experience of sales order processing using sales order processing systems
- Excellent telephone call handling skills
- Experience of dealing with orders through to delivery
- Experience liaising between different stakeholders , hauliers, suppliers and customers
- Must be able to communicate effectively and be polite but assertive when required in difficult situations
- Must be well organised with the ability to respond promptly
- High attention to detail - able to spot errors which can be costly
- Ability to work under pressure and make correct decisions
- Good skills in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Evidence of building relationships with customers or suppliers
- Knowledge of the construction industry
- Knowledge of managing orders within customer credit limits
- Experience of dealing with invoice queries
- Competitive salary dependent upon experience
- Attractive annual bonus on offer
- 35 hour working week, Monday - Friday 9-5
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays with option to purchase further holiday
- Free Car Parking
- Health and wellbeing service
- Regular events
Please note that due to a high volume of applications across all our adverts we are only able to respond to those who have been shortlisted. If you haven't had a response within 48 hrs please assume you have been unsuccessful
Key search terms: Customer Account Manager, Aftersales Coordinator, Sales Support, Sales Administrator, customer service admin, order processing, sales order, quotes, call offs, suppliers, distribution