Chief Internal Auditor for an International Bank
East London, Greater London, England
120000.0000 - 150000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
International Bank requires a**Chief Internal Auditor - CIA**
$150,000 - Negotiable - plus package
This job is located abroad in an international city - and requires relocation.
The Chief Internal Auditor (CIA) will have ultimate responsibility for the Bank's internal audit activities and reporting. The CIA will provide the Bank with direction in the establishment and implementation of risk-based auditing and reporting methodologies.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CIA will be responsible for the effective positioning of the function to ensure provision of independent assurance which is consistent and aligned with the Bank's business objectives. Furthermore, the CIA will ensure the timely delivery of high quality assurance and audit reports which meet the requirements of the Board and the Bank's regulators.
The CIA will have a proven background in internal audit, financial and operational controls as well as up-to-date experience and ideally some competence in auditing IT frameworks of banks - including cards and payments systems and cyber security, ideally in a financial institution.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the business in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures for the general operation of the Bank and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct.
- Carry out an appraisal of the effectiveness of the policies, procedures and standards by which the Bank's financial, physical and information resources are managed.
- Develop and drive the Internal Audit programs which evaluate the appropriateness and effectiveness of the Bank's risk management policies and procedures.
- Conduct process audits and specific audits of Divisions, Departments and Units as and when necessary. This will require an independent appraisal of controls over financial integrity, operational effectiveness, IT controls for security, privacy and high availability, card and payments, and compliance with laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Act as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that conformance issues/concerns within the Bank are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Conduct any reviews or tasks requested by the Board and management where appropriate. § Collaborate with management to direct conformance issues to appropriate channels for investigation and resolution.
- Ensure proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or as required.
- Produce quarterly reports assessing the Bank's overall control environment and highlighting gaps which exist.
- Responsible for coaching, mentoring and developing career paths for the internal audit team.
Required Qualification, Skills & Experience
- Must possess a professional qualification in Internal Audit and/or related field.
- Membership of a professional body is preferred.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills with strong strategic thinking
- Minimum 10+ years of audit experience, of which +5 years should have been in a senior management position in a financial institution
- Comprehensive knowledge of auditing practices, procedures and principles
- Extensive understanding of financial, operational, technical, market and credit risk
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills