Defence Programme Manager
East Midlands - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
As part of a growing account, Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are looking to increase the size of their Derby site with a Defence Programme Manager. This will include frequent travel to Reading.
Assystem E&I Ltd is a world leading and innovative engineering consultancy, heavily involved in nuclear defence, new-build and decommissioning.
We are looking for a Programme Manager to represent the Nuclear Defence Platforms business and own the delivery of the associated portfolio of projects for key blue-chip clients, via the leadership of a team of project managers.
As such we will be looking for candidates who have experience in the efficient and accurate management of a large number of projects running in parallel, with proven ability in successful delivery to cost, programme and quality. Detailed financial understanding and precise reporting of project status will form a significant part of this role.
Job title: Programme Manager
Hours: 37 hours per week (flexible start and finish times)
Salary – DOE
Key Requirements for the Programme Manager position
* A minimum of 5 years’ experience in portfolio management, programme management or multi-project management, of which 3 years were in responsible leadership functions in the portfolio management of a company, organisation or business unit or in the management of important programmes
* A minimum of 10 years project management experience
* Strong commercial skills
* Demonstrable experience of financial understanding and reporting of a multi-project portfolio
* Demonstrable experience of change control management
* Demonstrable experience of risk management
* Demonstrable experience of budget management, schedule & cost control
* Ability to lead a team of project managers, each responsible for the successful delivery of their projects
* To be accountable for the output of a team of project managers
* To line-manage a team of project managers and assist in the career development of the team
* Management skills and experience with the ability to motivate employees to achieve high standards of compliance and to use judgement and make effective timely decisions.
* Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills; able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and the ability to deliver to demanding deadlines.
* Ability to work with senior management to set project and operational targets
Key Skills, Experience and Qualifications
* Nuclear Sector experience
* Familiar with working within NEC4 suite of contracts
* Engineering design experience, Mechanical or EC&I – Siemens, MathCAD
* Knowledge or experience of Framework style contracts
* Operational knowledge of the Nuclear sector and other similar type framework or partnership arrangements
* Degree qualified
* Chartership would be advantageous but not essential
* SC Cleared
* Sole UK National
Whilst we encourage applications from all nationalities, Assystem within the UK are subject to security and export control restrictions due to the nature of work to be undertaken.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Eager to find out more? For an informal, confidential conversation about this role or to discuss other opportunities at Assystem within the Energy & Nuclear market please get in touch with Ethan Allsopp directly