Cell Assay Scientist - Stevenage
upto £13.50 per hour
Julie Marshall is currently recruiting for a Cell Assay Scientist / QC Specialist to join a multi national company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire on a contract basis for 6 months which may be extended.
- The Company:
- Our client is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to create a platform for the delivery of strong growth in a rapidly changing healthcare market. Their mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
- This role is located in Stevenage which has excellent commuting links to London (30 minutes) and the North. A mixture of new and old, the town has an abundance of history and social activities, restaurants, bars, cinema complex and leisure park.
- The Role:
- Your main duties will be:
- Testing samples utilising a range of biological call based potency tests, in accordance with regulatory requirements and agreed schedules.
- Maintaining detailed laboratory records in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) through the use of controlled pro forma or electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Ensuring that all records and test results are accurately prepared and checked, peer reviewed prior to submission for approval for authorisation and according to company, customer and regulatory requirements.
- Recording deviations from the normal practice and out of specification results appropriately and report them to the line manager; assist with investigations product and test anomalies
- Your Background:
- The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- BSc/MSc in Biology, Biotechnology Biochemistry (or related subject).
- Previous experience working in a GMP laboratory would be preferred.
- You will have experience of cell based assay testing, potency testing, working under aseptic conditions.
- Experience with Flow Cytometry and Spectrophotometry would be an advantage.
- You will need good attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
- If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45536 in all correspondence.
Posted 30 days ago