£Competitive + Benefits
Are you an experienced Analyst or Engineering Analyst looking for a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Engineering Analyst to join our team in Rochester or our Crayford MRF, working 40 hours a week. This role is offered on a 1 Year fixed term contract basis.
The Engineering Analyst Role:
The role will support the Strategic Projects Development team by collecting data and extracting patterns and trends from the data. This will inform the development of strategic projects within the Recycling and Integrated Assets division of Viridor and implement continuous improvement. The role will include:
- Requesting, collecting or implementing systems to collect data required for analysis.
- Analysing information/data gathered and providing evidence-based trends to support & prioritise commercial optimisation projects, and strategic planning
- Preparing benchmarking models to influence decision making.
- Use of data to advise on Viridor's feedstock position and identify opportunities in the market, C&I, Local Authority sources etc.
- Developing knowledge of the external recycling market including economic, political and social influences and identifying the impact to Viridor.
- Development and preparation of reporting processes and reporting dashboards for our team and RIA using, Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI and SharePoint.
- Preparation and review of a technical request for quotation.
- Drafting Engineering/baseline drawings
Our ideal Engineering Analyst will have:
- Strong standard of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Visio, MATLab,VBA).
- Experience of collating different data sources.
- A proven track record of producing analysis & insights for a range of stakeholders
- A structured and analytical approach to problem solving and is process driven.
- Knowledge of a BI application such as Power BI.
- Good commercial acumen and financial understanding.
- A minimum of 3 years industry experience of extracting, manipulating data and producing meaningful insights for stakeholders.
- Experience developing a business case for a project.
- Good relationship building and communication skills, able to liaise with stakeholders at all levels and work as part of a team
- Preferably an understanding or experience of the waste management industry; financial modelling and machine learning projects
- Preferably an understanding or qualification in engineering
As the role may include some travel to our other sites, a full UK driving license is essential.
In return for your hard work as our Engineering Analyst, a we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including pension, optional contributory healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
This is a great opportunity to join our fast growing business.
If you want to work within a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click apply.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Posted 21 days ago