Hire Desk Controller
£Competitive + Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Do you have proven experience of fleet management or fleet hire?
Viridor is one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK's green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world's resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Hire Desk Controller for our team in Exeter. This is a full time position working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Joining our fleet and logistics team, the successful Hire Desk Controller will be responsible for controlling all LGV hire vehicle requirements across the Viridor estate. You'll be the primary point of contact within Viridor for all operating units to ensure that all hire requirements are coordinated and passed through to the relevant hire vehicle providers.
The Hire Desk Controller will liaise and communicate effectively with Fleet Engineering to ensure that assets are fully utilised prior to engaging in any hire activity. You will proactively ensure that Viridor maintains the highest standards of compliance and remains within it's ‘O' licence conditions at all times.
Additionally, you'll liaise between operational units and hire providers to make sure that orders are fulfilled to agreed SLAs and that all order processing and invoicing parameters are achieved.
Our ideal Hire Desk Controller will have:
- A proven track record of working in a busy fast paced transport environment
- Previous experience of customer experience management and strategy
- Full CPC National for road transport (or working towards completion within 12 months of appointment)
- Previous experience in a fleet environment
- Experience of preparing month end reports
- Proven ability to working within timescales and meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of fleet operating systems
- Ability to cope with multiple requests from multiple stakeholders in a calm and efficient manner
- Resilient, self-motivated and have the ability to prioritise and work to tight, often conflicting, deadlines
- Knowledge of road transport legislation
- Good customer service skills and good communication skills
Rewards and Benefits:
In return for your hard work as our Hire Desk Controller, we can offer a competitive salary and a package including pension, optional healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click apply.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Posted 49 days ago