Patient Administrator (Bank)
Blackburn, Aberdeenshire, Scotland
competitive hourly rates
Temporary (Part time)
Patient Administrator (Bank) - BMI Beardwood Hospital, Blackburn
Salary: National Living Wage
Location: BMI Beardwood Hospital, Blackburn, BB2 7AE
BMI Beardwood Hospital is part of BMI Healthcare which is the largest provider of private healthcare in the UK. Set on the outskirts of Blackburn, BMI Beardwood Hospital accommodates surgical and medical inpatients and day cases across a wide range of specialties including oncology, orthopaedic and spinal surgery, along with a full range of out-patient services.
As a Patient Administrator within BMI Healthcare you will provide an efficient, professional and high quality service to all patients, Consultants and GP surgeries. With an average footfall through out-patients of up to 200 patients per day this is a very fast paced role and a quick and accurate turnaround of documentation in the departments is essential. The role is shift orientated between 6:30am and 9pm, Monday to Sunday.
We are currently looking for a bank Patient Administrator to join our professional and friendly team. You will have a strong work ethic and will always be prepared to go the extra mile to deliver a quality service to both internal and external customers. You must be highly motivated to provide excellent patient care at all times and be able to work as part of a dynamic team. You will have strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to multi-task to manage a busy and varied workload whilst remaining calm, pleasant and professional at all times.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence
- Basic financial awareness
- Previous administration experience
- Confident using Microsoft applications
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organisational skills
Duties of this role include:
- First point of contact for all persons attending the hospital, including patients, staff, visitors, Consultants, contractors
- Provide an efficient administration service with concise, accurate and timely presentation of all work
- Ensure that excellent standards of practice are maintained at all times in accordance with hospital and departmental operational policies
- Remain consistently courteous and helpful while maintaining confidentiality of patient information at all times
In addition to your salary you will also be rewarded with Accrued Holiday Pay, Nest Pension Scheme, Discounted Gym Membership and many more exclusive discounts and incentives via our "Perks at Work" scheme - we also have free parking at most of our hospitals.
We are also committed to providing ongoing training and development to our staff via our dedicated in-house BMI Academy which offers one of the most comprehensive packages of training courses available in the private sector.
If you would like an informal chat before applying for this role online please contact Jen Walsh, Patient Administration Manager on######### Alternatively complete our brief online application form and ensure you upload the most recent copy of your CV.
Posted 20 days ago