Head of Health - Fareham | Zoek UK | 04252604e71a45b1bb15f312dc55006c
Head of Health
Fareham, Hampshire, England
£45,753 - 51,668 per year + benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Salary: Band 8a, £45,753 - £51,668 .
Description: Our client delivers a comprehensive range of services to children and young people. These include Residential services, Education services, Healthcare services and Family Services.
Their service relies on having the best possible staff team. They invest hugely in staff training, development, welfare and wellbeing. They now have a position for a Head of Health who will be responsible for all of the following tasks:
- To report to the Director of Health verbally on a weekly basis and with a written report on a monthly basis the status and quality of the departments performance, any risk factors and progress on ongoing action plans etc.
- To ensure all services under your charge receive at least a 'good' grading in all CQC inspections.
- To have overall responsibility for the effective running and overall quality of services delivered across all of Fairways' health provisions, ensuring that legislations, regulations and company policies are complied with at all times.
- To ensure that you, and the staff under your charge interact with outside agencies/professionals in a highly efficient, professional and supportive manner at all times.
- To work collaboratively with other senior managers to help create and develop a range of differing types of placements to meet the needs of children and young people who are looked after.
- To ensure that effective planning and budget management is carried out.
- To work with the Director of Health on the development of new creative and innovative health services provided by the client, giving consideration to local need and demand.
- To provide ongoing performance management and support the continued professional development of staff in your charge.
- To provide effective leadership and clear guidance to Service Managers and staff in your charge, to ensure that departmental/organisational objectives are being met.
- To provide regular and timely supervisions and appraisals to Service Managers, in accordance with CQC regulations and company policy.
- To ensure the department contributes to the Health and Safety monitoring systems as agreed with the Board of Directors in the format and timescales required.
- To take the lead responsibility in ensuring that all staff in your team remain in date for the required mandatory training courses and that they enroll, attend and submit all work by the required deadline for any and all accredited training courses that they are supported to attend by Fair Ways. In the event of any staff not making this standard then appropriate action is implemented swiftly
- To demonstrate a commitment to your own personal and professional development, to attend training where needs have been identified and to support in the delivery of training in subject matters of which you have particular knowledge / expertise
- To manage your own workload effectively ensuring that all tasks are fulfilled by required deadlines
- To manage own personal and continuous professional development through self-assessment, supervision, training, and the acquisition of different learning opportunities
- To be available for the on-call service in accordance with the on-call rota.
- To demonstrate and uphold the Company values at all times by playing your .. Being Professional, Accepting, Reflective and Transparent.
- Any other tasks that may be required by a company director
Person Specification: Previous Health Management experience is required with Evidence of a core professional qualification and registration with associated governing body, . NVQ IV plus Registered Managers award, Social Work England, Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) or Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
Masters level qualification or working towards in related clinical subject or able to demonstrate ability to work at Masters Level.
Benefits: In return for your expertise and hard work you'll not only be rewarded with a generous salary but also 33 days holiday, additional long service holiday accrual benefits, enhanced sickness provision, employee assistance programme, company health plan including cashback and retails perks, Royal London enhanced pension scheme, private medical insurance plus much more!
So, are you not actively looking for a new position at the moment but could consider making a move for the right opportunity? Let Sterling Cross handle the Recruitment process for you, no need for lengthy application forms or questionnaires, just click apply and let us deal with the rest.
Posted 36 days ago