Project Grade (Graduate) Process Engineer, Shrewsbury
Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England
Competitive salary, comprehensive benefits inc BUPA, pension, life cover + more
Due to increasing project workloads, SLR is looking to appoint a Process Engineer at Project grade (Graduate level) to join its busy Shrewsbury team focusing on a range of projects within the Industrial Wastewater sector. Whilst we are happy to consider graduates seeking their first position within the industry, we are equally keen to hear from candidates who have gained some experience in consultancy or industry and are seeking their next move
Our Process Engineering Group has expertise across a range of engineering sectors including, chemical, materials, mechanical and electrical engineering, with particular expertise in industrial wastewater and solid waste management/treatment technologies. The group provides clients with expertise at all project stages, including:
• Plant Operation, Maintenance and Trouble Shooting;
• Plant Commissioning and Performance Testing;
• Technical and Economic Feasibility Studies;
• Technical Due Diligence Reviews
• Front End Engineering and Concept Design Studies;
• Process Design Review and Optimization;
• HAZOP/HAZAN Studies;
• Development and Preparation of Technical Specifications;
• Preparation of Tender Packages and Tender Evaluation;
• Technical Training and Instruction (Plant Operators and Managers);
• Technical Advisor and Independent Certifier Roles
This role will initially be within the part of the group which focusses on industrial wastewater issues, but there will be opportunities to be involved in projects associated with the management, treatment and disposal of other wastes.
SLR is a truly multinational consultancy and offers significant potential for career development and enhancement based on performance. Our one team culture, flat management structure and straightforward approach to project and budget management gives everyone the opportunity to progress; and to work on interesting projects with valued clients. We strive to ensure that opportunities both for new starters and for existing staff are open to all, and we have family friendly policies aimed at helping staff balance the needs of professional and family life. These include remote working facilities, as well as the potential for part time, job share and other flexible working arrangements.
Along with a competitive basic salary, the successful candidate will receive a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days annual leave (excluding public holidays); flexible working arrangements; private health cover; death-in-service cover; professional membership subscription; and pension.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Technical Discipline Manager responsible for the Process Engineering Group the successful candidate will work with senior process engineering staff to help in the delivery of a wide range of industrial wastewater and other waste related projects within SLR offices and at client sites.
The successful candidate will also assist SLR staff in other disciplines within SLR, including the Waste and Resources and Civil Engineering Teams. The role will involve working both an office based environment and on client sites. This may involve lone working at times, possibly outside typical working hours.
PERSON SPEC SUMMARY
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
• Relevant Mechanical/Chemical or related Engineering qualification at Degree level or higher
• Must have a full, current, clean driving licence.
• Must be able to represent SLR Consulting in an effective and professional manner when on client sites.
• Knowledge of the principles of wastewater treatment are essential
• Experience of wastewater treatment processes would be an advantage
• Must have the ability to work independently, and as part of a team
APPLICATIONS AND ENQUIRIES
SLR Consulting is an equal opportunities employer. For details of our equal opportunities policy please contact a member of our HR team on the above email address.
To apply, please use the online application form linked below.
Posted 16 days ago