Consultant Psychiatrist in Addictions - Reading
Competitive - Negotiable
Our client, a large, highly regarded charity specialising in the provision of addiction treatment services is currently looking for a Consultant Psychiatrist in Addictions to join their team in Reading, Berkshire. The right individual for the post will play a critical role in improving clinical services within the service and the wider organisation.
As clinical lead for the service, the successful applicant will be part of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for planning, developing and delivering high quality care to it's service users inline with relevant guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Significant experience in Addiction Medicine
- Ability to accurately record data and information including medical documentation
- Passionate about providing the best recovery focused addiction treatment to service users
- Good leadership and management skills
- Ability to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team including internal staff and external agencies and providers
- Experience of working in line with internal, external policies, procedures and guidelines
- Participation in clinical audit meetings and activity pertaining to clinical governance
- A flexible approach to working across multiple sites and on occasion, outside of 'normal working hours' within an agreed number of weekly hours
- Play an active role as part of the wider Senior Management team
- Hold responsibility for identifying and attending continuous development and training to further relevant knowledge and skills in line with the requirements of the job
- Demonstrable experience of leading a multi-disciplinary team
- Medical Degree and completion of Basic Medical Training
- Full GMC - UK Registration with license to practice
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- Consultant Psychiatrist on the GMC with an endorsement in Substance Misuse
For further information and a detailed job description, please submit a CV using the apply links provided or email a copy of your current CV and a cover letter to ######### (mailto:######### )
A rewarding career opportunity including a competitive salary, structured supervision and a well developed CPD programme. Our client encourages its clinical staff's involvement with audit and research projects. Doctors employed by our client receive weekly protected CPD.
Salary will be competitive - to be discussed at interview stage.
Posted 18 days ago