Royston, South Yorkshire, England
£0 per year
Ready for the recognition and rewards you deserve? We don't just talk about putting employees first. We know that Priory wouldn't exist without their combined energy, expertise and effort. So we invest heavily in training, provide first-class support, promote collaborative teamwork and give everyone on our team the opportunities and resources to achieve their full potential.
Kneesworth House is a 155 bed mental health hospital situated in Hertfordshire (on the borders of Cambridgeshire) with good commuting access to / from London. The hospital has a full pathway of care including medium, low secure, locked rehabilitation and open recovery wards situated across the site.
There is no doubt that working in mental health can be hugely rewarding. Here at Kneesworth House Hospital, run by Priory Health Care Group, it is a particularly fulfilling role, thanks to the range of experience (which include acute general adult ward, rehabilitation wards for male and female service users as well as the well-established secure male wards for Mental Illness, Personality Disorder, Learning Disability and female secure services for Mental Illness and Personality Disorder). Staff will experience a variety in day-to-day working life and contribute to high standards of long and short-term care
Our Specialty Psychiatrist involves: The role: This is a full time role and includes Speciality doctor responsibility working with a Responsible Clinician
We are seeking an experienced speciality Psychiatrist who can provide care, assessment and treatment of patients with mental disorders.
The ideal candidate will work with the Hospital Director and Senior Management team to ensure effective clinical leadership of the inpatient service.
- Ensuring effective liaison with the referrals team to enable you to review referrals and determine appropriateness for admissions
- Conducting admissions assessments, risk assessments, reviews and ensuring effective management plans for all service users within the unit.
- Allocating specialist psychological treatments, in line with individual needs and assessing physical health, taking special responsibility for medical issues
- Supervising and directing the work of other staff who support treatment of service users
- Facilitating regular CPA review meetings
- Acting as Specialty doctor for service users detained under the Mental Health Act
- Providing an on-call service and ensuring the provision of medical cover to the unit
- Opportunity to be involved in clinical governance standards and monitoring for the delivery of the service
- Developing protocols as required meeting standard in both psychological and pharmacological interventions.
To be successful as a Specialty Psychiatrist you'll need:
- General Medical Council (GMC) registration
- Approved under section 12(2) of the MHA 1983
- Have Approved Clinician status under the MHA 1983 is desirable
- Up-to-date knowledge in the field of Forensic and Rehabilitation Psychiatry, including physical health, mental health and systemic factors.
- Experience of working in an inpatient forensic or rehabilitation setting and with patients detained under the MHA.
- Awareness of current issues in mental health service provision, policy and legislation.
- The drive to learn and develop
- A commitment to patient-centred care and to values-based and evidence based practice
- A flexible, positive, team-orientated approach.
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
- Annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Free meals while on duty
- Carefirst - Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Career development
- Personal health insurance
- Voluntary Benefits
About us From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
Disclosure All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Posted 31 days ago