Senior Management Accountant
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits and Flexible Working
Permanent (Full time)
Are you planning to start 2020 in a new, exciting and challenging career? With revenues in excess of $5.6 Billion and with over 14,000 employees internationally, my client is one of the worlds most prestigious business strategy consultancys and they are currently recruiting for a Senior Management Accountant to join their expanding, London based finance team.
Responsibilities are listed below
- Ensure that all accounting processes are operating effectively for European entities as required;
- Manage each entities balance sheets, ensuring accuracy and that all accounts are understood and reconciled each month;
- Manage monthend closes and ensure that deadlines are met, ensuring that the Europe close schedule is followed, all month end Netsuite processes are run and signed off and that a monthly managements file is produced containing all supporting documentation. Produce draft P&Ls & Balance Sheets timely and accurately;
- Ensure that monthly results are communicated effectively to the relevant MDs and that appropriate schedules/reports are shared with external accountants;
- Make recommendations on provisions;
- Reconcile the statutory accounts to the management accounts for France;
- Manage all audits, both internally from corporate and externally from tax agencies for assigned offices;
- Review and chase debtors;
- Ensure that Intercompany reconciliations are maintained each month and are accurate;
- Review weekly cash flows for each entity and work with the Europe Finance Director to ensure that aged debts are collected in a timely basis;
- Manage and control overhead costs for assigned offices. Ensure expenses are in accordance with company policies and procedures, are appropriately budgeted, adhere to US SEC reporting requirements and have the required back up for US GAAP accounting;
- Assist with responses to RFPs;
- Respond as needed, directly to outside client requests;
- Handle client budget tracking as appropriate. Ensure that all project files are adequately maintained. Oversee the billing process and ensure that billing is issued timely and accurately;
- Ensure that statutory accounts and tax returns are produced in a timely and accurate fashion;
- Coordinate the preparation of all required tax returns for VAT, payroll and other regional taxes with the local accounting team;
- Manage local banking relationships and ensure company policy related to signature levels is being complied with.
The ideal candidate will be at least the finalist level with your accountancy qualification (CIMA/ACCA) and have experience with financial accounting across various EU entities. In addition, the person in this role will be required to reconcile the project balance sheet accounts for regional large projects across multiple entities across Europe. These may change according to the business requirements. You should have a professional manner and on account of senior partner exposure excellent written and spoken English language skills, as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
Location Central London
The salary range/rates of pay is dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Where rates of pay or salary ranges are detailed these are dependent upon your experience, qualifications or training. If you wish to apply for this position please read our Privacy Notice which details how we may use, process, store and disclose your Personal Information: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacynotice.
Posted 16 days ago