Continuous Improvement Engineer
Continuous Improvement Engineer
Permanent, Full Time hours – Flexibility needed
Based at Kingsway Distribution Centres
A brand new exciting opportunity has arisen:
We are seeking a candidate to support the site and Engineering Teams with the all technical issues that arise. This role will be to develop the current engineering team and ensure all learnings are documented and trained out as well as root caused.
- Root cause issues that have been raised or are known, the priority to be set by the engineering managers.
- Have a logical approach to problems.
- Compile SOPS, How to Guilds and equipment training on the best practices and share this across the whole engineering team, maintaining the engineer skills matrix.
- Review the skills, SOP, Procedures matrixes reviewing for gaps and providing reports and recommendations.
- Be proficient in the use of the CMMS, SCADA, WMS when root causing.
- Attend meetings with management as required.
- Adhere to all the H&S standards for the engineering team, also reviewing key SOPS on a regular basis.
- Have the ability to manage and prioritise your own work with informed decision making.
- Work with each engineering team leader and understand the team’s training and development needs.
- Providing monthly reports to your manager on progress and findings, with recommendations for team.
- Maintain the operational condition of the PG lap tops and all the essential addressing and measuring equipment for the engineering team, ensure there is a register of assets and that they are working and available to the teams.
- Work to achieving the engineering KPIs.
- Be able to look at issues honestly and report back the root cause, even of this is People, Process, Training, operations with accurate information to allow the engineering manager.
- De skill where possible all technical interventions so the engineering team can carry out tasks easily and quickly.
- Assist with the sits projects as directed.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent Understanding of SCADA, WMS and CMMS in terms of data analysis.
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to communicate at all levels.
- Drive and ambition not to be defeated with technical issues.
- Able to ask for help and training from the OEMS as required.
- Have continuous improvement experience with Root Causing, Kazan and the right first time mythology.
- Have a tenacious attitude to resolving issues and implementing lasting solution.
- Have the ability to develop and coach the engineering team from flow controller to managers.
- Able to interpret data from the engineering systems to Improve plant efficiency.
- PLC S7 and associate equipment experience.
- Profi bus and Asi bus experience
- Inverters and controls experience.
- SOP and Report writing.
- Management experience and dealing with customers and stakeholders.
- HND/HNC in electrical engineering.
- Profi and asi bus training
- Inverters, SEW
- Training experience
- SOPS and reports writing
- Completion of a recognised engineering apprenticeship.
The closing date for this role is Sunday 21st July 2019 @ 18:00
Posted 15 days ago