Bar Manager - Southampton | Zoek UK
£24000 to £25000 PerAnnum
Permanent (Full time)
The Company and the Role:
Popular eating and drinking venue based in Southampton looking for a passionate experienced Bar Manager to join their exciting permanent hospitality management team.
Although the venue is currently closed because of the Government’s lockdown restrictions , the Company is keen to recruit now so the successful candidate can join in advance of the reopening so they can work alongside the GM and plan for the re-opening and train their staff before reopening day.
The Bar Manager position is full time and apart from being responsible for the bar operations, its stock , coffee service , bar snacks etc, you also will act as the Duty Manager in the absence of the GM or Assistant General Manager when they are not around.
Working alongside the management team at all of the company’s private events and functions, both in the restaurant, bar and function room.
These are well-known and well celebrated functions, looked forward to by hundreds of guests during the course of the year, some are themed events adding an additional element of fun and excitement, others are more cabaret evening, music nights, traditional gala balls, dinner jacket and black tie events.
You will make sure that the guest experience at the bar area is not just achieved but excelled, going above and beyond expectations and high standards set, by making sure that all staff are well trained and drilled in high end guest expectations and service, so that the venue can offer consistently high standards and higher profitability.
You will be supervising the bar team providing an all-round excellent service to bar drinkers, and restaurant diners alike.
Key Features of the Role:
• Managing all aspects of the bar operation which includes a coffee service, bar snacks etc.
• Standing in and acting as the Manager in charge when the GM / AGM are off, leading and mentoring the team of 5 – 20 staff.
• Ensuring customer standards and brand values are trained, maintained and exceeded.
• Health and Safety, recruitment, maintenance, coaching, career development, wet and dry stock responsibilities.
• Working minimum 5 days a week, using your strengths to run a smooth operation.
• Vital connection between FOH and BOH, for private events, parties and groups during busy and non-busy periods.
• Assist the General Manager in compiling reports, budgets, P&L etc
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• To be successful in this role you will need to be an accomplished Bar Manager / Supervisor with prior experience in busy venues . vibrant restaurants, sports or music Bars, gastro pubs etc.
• Able to withstand the pressure of maintaining standards during busy times e,g Happy Hours, Functions etc
• Experience in advertised and promoting venue events, functions, brand awareness.
• Rota, GP and margin reports experience are a must.
• Must have experience in FOH and BOH team management, ranging from 5-20 staff.
• Practical experience ideally supported by some form of catering and hospitality qualification.
• You will need to be a personal license holder.
What’s on Offer?
Bar Manager permanent position working 5 days per week.
Basic annual salary up to £25K based on experience, possibly more for an outstanding candidate
Tips, bonus scheme available on top of basic salary.
20 days’ holidays plus bank and public holidays or if required to work a day off in lieu.
Staff Discount Card, free uniforms, meals on duty.
Venue marketing and advertising as well as social media opportunities.
Team building, staff coaching and development.
Creative thinking and revenue generation solutions related to sports and music.
A superb opportunity at one of Southampton’s premier eating and drinking venue.
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Bar Manager.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the UK Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
rpc catering & hospitality recruitment is a leading catering and hospitality recruitment specialist supplying Chefs of all grades and Hospitality General / Deputy / Assistant / Restaurant / Bar Managers / Sommeliers and Mixologists and hotel staff of all levels throughout the UK and Internationally.
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, some of which are not advertised.
If you are interested in working in the catering and hospitality and hotels sector and seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
Posted 33 days ago