Painter & Decorator
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
o We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
o We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
o We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
o Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
o Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant proceedures
• Level of coustomer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Job objectives and responsibilities
Planning and Organising
•To carry out internal and external painting and decorating requirements as instructed by management
• To carry out plastering to walls to make good ready for decoration.
• Minor repairs to surfaces and structures prior to decorating/painting.
• Undertake minor repair works and general maintenance activities.
• To use all relevant tools and equipment within safety guidelines as necessary for the completion of works.
• Erecting of access equipment as required, with appropriate training and competency.
• Erection of all necessary access plant and temporary screening as and when required to protect the environment and people, all in accordance with current Health & Safety guidance.
• Carry out planned programmed of painting and redecoration in accordance with the Estates work plan.
• Carry out reactive programmed of painting and redecoration in accordance with the Estates work plan.
• Use all relevant tools and equipment within safety guidelines as necessary for the completion of works.
• Monitor decorating material stock and procure new stock as required.
• Provide operational support to all Estates functions in emergency situations.
• To undertake work in relation to: All types of wall papering,- Dry lining damaged walls ,- Plasterwork repairs.
• Replacing damaged ceiling tiles, coving and artexing
• Removing paint with appropriate equipment.
• To prepare the area ready for decoration including the moving of heavy equipment i.e. fridges, filing cabinets, tables etc.
• To interpret and work from all instructions, drawings and specification appropriate to his trade, without supervision.
• To be conversant and qualified to use and maintain all relevant hand and power hand tools, and workshop equipment in a safe effective manner. Be capable of carrying out a good standard of workmanship in all duties as directed by the team leader or works superintendent.
• To request assistance from management where task exceeds loan worker capabilities.
• Respond in a timely manner to verbal, written and reactive tasks.
• Carryout out all painting and decorating to a high standard
• Supply quality and profitable quotations for additional works as required.
• Provide support and input into projects as required.
• Provide input as required for client meetings.
• Notification to your line manager of any complaints/discrepancies.
• Have a good understanding of exclusions, mitigations and contract SLA’s.
• Ensure all works are carried out within the approved budget.
• Monitor and Maintain comprehensive costs within budget.
• Ensure client authorisation exists for all chargeable purchases and the correct PN is used.
• Ensure all painting and decorating equipment is best utilised and kept clean and reused where practical to avoid any unnecessary wastage
Helpdesk & PPM
• Good understanding of contract SLA’s for reactive and PPM and knowledge of the penalty levels.
• Monitor reactive closures and ensure you are keeping in line with SLA’s.
• Ensure job attendances/closures are maintained at or above contractual SLA levels.
• Document and notify the Technical Manager /Night Shift Manager of any changes/variations to reactive and scheduled works.
Compliance/Health and Safety
• Ensure all local procedure held within the Local procedures file have been read and understood and that the contents page has been signed by all on-site MTFM staff.
• To attend training courses as per Mitie's HSQE policy and procedures.
• Complete all painting and decorating works in a safe working manner
• All PPE to be worn at all times and limit any risk to yourself and others
• Uniform, safety boots and names badges to be worn at all times
• Ensure the correct use of Hand held Devices in line with company and contract procedures.
• Ensure correct use of the email system on the Hand held Devices and that emails are read and responded to in a timely manner.
• Take ownership of every task on the hand held device whether scheduled or re-active and be responsible for meeting the SLA associated with each task.
• Ensure WRS are completed correctly for all chargeable works and are returned in a timely manner.
• Ensure Time Sheets are completed correctly and are returned in a timely manner.
• Implement and follow local procedures as and when they are issued
• Liaising with site FM and key personnel on building related issues.
• Enact Deloitte rules and procedures on behalf of the client where appropriate.
• Must hold a recognised qualification - city and guilds
• At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role within the building services sector preferred.
• Preferable has served a recognised apprenticeship.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Organised and able to meet deadlines.
• Must be self-motivated and be a team player.
• Conversant with relevant legislation and compliance issues
• Proficient in Email and working knowledge of Excel and Word.
• Good knowledge of all aspects of Health and Safety
• Must be self-motivated and be a good motivator.
• Should have a “Can Do” approach and portray a positive attitude
• Must always be smart and presentable
• Must have good customer service skills
• Is capable of climbing a ladder, working on their knees and safely able to transit around plant rooms.
Health and Safety responsibilities
• Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
Posted 16 days ago