Principal EC&I Engineer - Preston | Zoek UK | 051774
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Principal EC&I Engineer
Preston, Lancashire, England
£50000 - £55000/annum Dep. on exp. + Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Andy File Associates Limited are working on behalf of their client as a Recruitment Agency with regards this permanent vacancy.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Principal EC&I Engineer to join a well-established engineering organisation working with a multidisciplinary design team on the production of designs for plant and equipment. The company is involved in the full project life cycle from concept design through to manufacture and commissioning, primarily, but not exclusively for the nuclear industry
The key focus of the Principal EC&I Engineer will be to lead and manage a team of designers and be responsible for coordinating and planning the design of equipment. This role is reporting into the Engineering Manager and you will liaise with the project manager, engineering manager and the client.
Responsibilities will include:
* Produce / manage the production of design concepts / layouts.
* Carry out technical risk analysis on designs for EMC compliance and CE certification.
* Produce or manage the production of designs that conform to the relevant British and European standards and client requirements.
* Produce or manage the production or maintenance of a technical file in accordance with company Quality Assurance.
* Ensure that the design addresses operability, maintainability and safety issues.
* Produce or manage the production of Design Justification Reports that demonstrate the design mitigates all technical risks identified.
* Produce or manage the production of a level of information (drawings, specifications, works instructions, etc.) that enable manufacturing to take place.
* Check drawing details.
* Undertake or manage design studies and the production of reports on outcome while making recommendations.
* Ensure designs meet the required project programmes, budgets and quality.
* Support the Business Development process, being the technical lead within bid team.
If you would like to be considered for this varied and challenging Principal EC&I Design Engineer role you must be highly experienced with the design of complex electrical systems for, including but not limited to:
* Robotics and automation systems
* Materials handling equipment
* Remote handling systems
* Pneumatic and hydraulic systems
* Containment and shielding systems
* Decommissioning systems
You will have a relevant engineering degree and ideally be Chartered or working towards Chartership. You will also have a proven capability to manage multi-discipline design teams to deliver engineering projects within time and budget and be able to present designs to internal audiences and clients. You will also have knowledge of CDM and CE marking requirements. Experience of low voltage equipment and manufacturing and installation of electrical control systems is essential.
You will ideally have nuclear engineering experience and be able to demonstrate significant experience in a high technology or industrial sector of electrical and/or control and instrumentation design developing and delivering design solutions in the highly regulated nuclear sector for projects located on Nuclear Licenced Sites. It is essential you have experience managing design teams, experience of machinery safety directives, Instrumentation BS7671 18th Edition & EN 60204, BS EN (phone number removed) safety of machinery, PLC and Drive systems
Essential Skills and abilities
* Produce diagrams compliant with BS8888 & BS5070
* Calculations Electrical & Safety
* Production of technical reports and documents
* Risk assessment techniques
* Resource management and planning skills
* SIL rating and BS EN 61508
* Effective presentation skills
* Testing and Commissioning
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and be able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure, hold a full driving licence and have SC clearance or the ability to achieve it and be able to work away from home for short periods
Experience in the following would be highly advantageous:
Design of electrical systems for gloveboxes
Testing and commissioning
Contributory pension scheme 5% matched
25 days holiday plus bank holidays