HGV Drainage Operator - South East - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 05250a
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
HGV Drainage Operator 4on4off Days Hingham
South East - This Area Only
£13.25 - £15.50 Per Hour
Permanent (Full time)
Imagine working on complex high risk landmark projects like the Olympics, Channel tunnel or Crossrail. Imagine being challenged to develop your skills and experience, growing with IWJS through a varied and exciting career.
IWJS employs over 500 staff across various depots across the UK and due to our continued expansion, we are now looking for an HGV Drainage Operatorbased out of our Hingham depot.
Please note as part of this role you may be required to start work as early as 6am. The work we carry out on the Sewerage Network can mean you may come in to contact with raw sewerage.
As an HGV Drainage Operator, your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Operating one of our ever-expanding fleet of drain and sewer cleaning vehicles and machinery, you will be working across commercial and industrial sectors as well as residential properties.
- You will attend emergency call out situations working on sewer blockages, flooding and pollution
- Providing a range of services including clearance, maintenance and unblocking drains
- Ensuring that our health and safety protocols and policies are always followed to ensure everyone goes home safe
- Work with Project Managers and Site Engineers to ensure all works are delivered safely and efficiently whilst maintaining high quality standards at all times
- Producing accurate site records
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Good working knowledge of highways and drainage systems
- Prior experience of working in a similar environment desirable but not essential
- Operations of High Pressure Water Jetting and Drain Cleaning
- Awareness of NRSWA Chapter 8
- Flexibility to work out of core working hours
- HGV Class 2 Current full driving license
- Confined Space Entry (Medium risk)
- NRSWA Chapter 8 SLG
- Manual Handling Awareness
- CSCS Card
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools.
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and be required to walk and stand on uneven ground.
- You must also be able to work within a confined space, without restriction.
What's in it for you?
- 20 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Loyalty Bonus including additional Holiday, Life Insurance and Cash bonus after 2 years' service.
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...