Lead Infrastructure Engineer - Preston | Zoek UK | 052d5c
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Lead Infrastructure Engineer
Preston, Lancashire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Lead Infrastructure engineer required by my large North West based client. Due to a major increase in workload, my client is eager to hire a Lead Infrastructure Engineer who is keen to learn, is a goal-oriented self-starter and who will take ownership of the position. You will be joining a team who are responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, & maintenance of systems, hardware, software & related infrastructure. You will participate in technical R&D to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. You will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems & related procedures adhere to Information Security Management Systems (ISMS), enabling secure & reliable delivery of software solutions to our customers. This role will provide support through the lifecycle of projects including the definition of needs, benefits, & technical strategy; R&D; technical analysis/design; support operations staff in executing, testing & rolling-out the solutions. Knowledge of high uptime, 24x7 environments would be particularly beneficial.
You will have:
• Experience leading, managing, and motivating others in a team environment
• Successful leadership and technical delivery of IT projects.
• Experience at 1st/2nd/3rd line IT support
• Strong virtualization experience using VMWare and Hyper-V
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server environments including Active Directory, GPO, Exchange/O365, IIS, SCCM, VMM
• Experience with incident ticketing systems, ticket management, escalation, and resolution within defined SLAs
• Experience using automated monitoring and centralised patching tools
• Experience with automation techniques, for instance scripting using PowerShell.
• Good knowledge of Infrastructure security and hardening procedures
• Experience with firewalls, and network segregation.
• Experience deploying and configuring into a Cloud environments
• Solid technical background in a hosted services environment including infrastructure networks, hardware, software and telecommunications
• Ability to identify incident trends in order to elevate incidents in accordance with standard protocols
• Able to gather relevant information systematically to troubleshoot and resolve issues
• Good analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Good attention to detail, testing and documentation
• Knowledge of ITIL and industry best practices
• Ability to maintain good working relationships with third party service providers and vendors
• Strong oral and written communication skills