Senior Healthcare Support Worker - Draycott | Zoek UK | 0534b1
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Healthcare Support Worker
Draycott, Derbyshire, England
£22000 - £25000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
We are looking for dedicated, passionate and experienced healthcare workers to join our team and help positively shape the lives of the children and young people we work with. As a Senior Healthcare Support Worker, you will help our patients meet their health and social care needs by providing support that is of the highest standard. Your determination to never give up will act like a beacon of hope for our patients as their embark on their treatment journey to address their eating disorder. You will act as a role model for your colleagues, offering them support, guidance and encouragement as they gain the experience you have already.
As a Senior Healthcare Support Worker you will undertake the role of Shift Leader and therefore be responsible for the safe and effective operation of the shift. You will assign tasks, coordinate resources and together with the Nurse in Charge, you will ensure that all the needs of the patients are met.
You will work with a team of highly trained and dedicated experts who will both guide you and look to you for guidance. This is an integral role of the multidisciplinary team that requires both knowledge and understanding of how to provide healthcare support. You will have gained your experience in healthcare in other roles, such as a Healthcare Assistant or Support Worker. Alternatively, you may have gained your experience through supporting a family member or loved one. Either way, we will provide you a full induction and onward training package to ensure you have the knowledge, skills and understanding to offer the best support to our patients.
Working with children and young people with eating disorders can be exceptionally challenging. You will need to be emotionally resilient at times, however you will be working as part of team who will support you as well.
* Provide healthcare support to patients
* Positively and proactively engage with patients
* Assist with the documentation of patient journeys, including completing paperwork, recording observations and communicating with colleagues effectively
* Support patients at times of emotional distress and provide care and treatment. At times this can be against the patients wishes.
* Liaise with colleagues, external professionals, patients and their loved ones with respect and dignity
* Undertake assigned and / or delegated duties of the Nurse in Charge, including observations
* Undertake role of Shift Leader and ensure the safe and effective operation of each shift
* Engage with all prescribed training (face to face and eLearning)
* Provide guidance and support to colleagues
Ellern Mede Derby is a brand new specialist service for children and young people with eating disorders. The hospital comprises of Trent Ward, a 7-bed ward for Children aged 8-17 years with eating disorders and Derwent Ward, a 10-bed ward for young people aged 18-25 years with eating disorders.
The Ellern Mede Group is an internationally renowned specialist Eating Disorder provider with hospitals in London (Ridgeway & Barnet), Rotherham and Derby. We have existed for over 20 years during which time we have built an excellent reputation with local and national commissioners.
Working for Ellern Mede will provide you the following benefits:
* Competitive salaries with the ability for career and pay progression
* Comprehensive induction and ongoing training, learning and development
* 31 days holiday per year (inc. Bank Holidays)
* Sick pay (after 1 years service)
* Access to free on-site parking (on first come/first served basis)
* Access to subsidised meals while at work
* Workplace pension schemes
* Employee assistance program
* DBS costs covered
* Professional fees paid