Specialist One - Keele | Zoek UK | 0537cf
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Specialist One-to-One Study Skills Tutor (SpLD)
Keele, Staffordshire, England
£27 - £28/hour +Holiday Pay, Pension & Additional Benefits
Temporary (Full time)
Are you searching for a flexible role that can work around your schedule? Would you like to work at one of the most beautiful campuses in the Midlands?
If yes to all of the above and you would like to help students reach their academic potential, then Randstad have the role for you...
Randstad Student & Worker Support are looking for motivated and dedicated specialist one to one study skills tutors to provide support to students with disabilities at Keele University.
You will be encouraging students to take responsibility for their own learning, working with an individual learning plan tailored to that individual. Our tutors provide their expertise in language and study skills to help students develop and implement strategies to enhance their studies.
- Flexible working hours - you choose your own hours
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata - perfect for the summer holidays and Christmas breaks
- £27-28 per hour - you will receive this rate, plus your benefits
- Working for the UK's leading provider - you're in safe hands
- Interacting directly with students - YOU help them to achieve their goals
Providing individual support to students with Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD). You will help your students with:
- Time Management
- Assignment Planning
You will work closely with Randstad regarding the needs of individual students, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
This is a specialist role, so requires specialist skills. You must hold a professional membership with one of the following:
- Professional Association for Teachers and Assessors (PATOSS)
- British Dyslexia Association (BDA)
- Dyslexia Guild
- The Association of Dyslexia Specialists in Higher Education (ADSHE)
To support students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) you must hold a degree and a teaching qualification with comprehensive training in adult autism.
Further skills/requirements include:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify ways of helping students to build on their learning strengths whilst maintaining a confidential and professional working relationship
- Accurate spelling and grammar skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Good organisational skills
- Ideally you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties individuals in higher or further education.
Apply now if you are ready for a new challenge and want to help students build and shape a better future for themselves.
Get in touch on (phone number removed) if you have any questions or require any further information.
Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone