Violence Reduction Coordinator - London | Zoek UK | 053c88
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Violence Reduction Coordinator
London, Greater London, England
Temporary (Full time)
Job Title - Violence Reduction Coordinator
Pay rate - £###### Umbrella
Main Purpose of the job:
The Violence Reduction Coordinator will coordinate the delivery of interventions tackling serious crime alongside the work of the local community and partner agencies - including the Metropolitan Police, local authorities, youth services, health services, VCS, and criminal justice agencies in line with Newham's Violence Reduction Plan and MOPAC's Violence Reduction Unit framework. This work will be underpinned by evidence and intelligence-driven approaches to help identify the underlying risk factors that can lead to violence, diagnose the problem and then assist in the development and the delivery of partnership plans and interventions to tackle them.
Summary of Responsibilities:
1. to promote and develop the service with partners across the Borough.
2. To oversee, manage and support the development and the delivery interventions tackling serious crime.
3. To develop new and identify a network of agencies and services that will support offenders in the community, with emphasis on addressing the individual needs for education, training, employment, accommodation and health support.
4. To lead and chair multi agency meetings to manage risk, and identify lead professionals for each service user where appropriate.
5. To deliver services in partnership with primarily police, probation and Youth Offending Services.
6. To provide advocacy and support that will facilitate the personal and social development of service users of the project.
7. To prepare progress reports as required.
8. To supervise, manage and motivate officers working in the team, ensuring development supports the service needs.
9. To work flexibly with partnerships and external services to meet the needs of a diverse client base.
10. To ensure that all work is consistent with the borough's crime reduction strategies and all other relevant strategies.
11. To keep abreast of existing and new developments such as Government legislation, financial practices and roles of other agencies.
12. To carry out other duties as directed within the scope of the post.
If interested you can reach me at (url removed).
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy